26] perfect for me

"it's not always easy, but somehow our love stays strong

"it's not always easy, but somehow our love stays strong. if i can make you happy then, this is where i belong"

perfect for me- ron pope

~YOONGI'S POV~

Just you, Yoongi, and Stevens sat in Youth & Impulse later that night, following the after party that included all BigHit staff and the Bangtan members. Now, the three of you were celebrating and reminiscing on your own, over cups of coffee in the place that meant the most to all of you.

A lot of sappy memories and thoughts were exchanged; You telling Yoongi how truly fascinated you were by him when he first walked into Youth & Impulse all of those months ago. Stevens telling Yoongi how impressed he was by his initial talent and skill. Yoongi sharing how much of a play Youth & Impulse had in changing his life completely.

Yoongi felt warm and elated that night while being in the close presence of two people he now considered family. He loved the feeling of sharing uninterrupted quality time with the both of you, spending hours talking about everything and nothing all at the same time.

But, there was a negative feeling that was creeping out of the corners of his heart, nagging at his mind without warning. He remembered that in just one week, he'd be leaving for two whole months on Bangtan's first tour. In just a week, he'd have to say goodbye to you for the most extended period of time that he ever had, and that was a tough pill to swallow.

"Are you tired, Yoon?" you asked in between sips of your caramel macchiato, seemingly taking notice of his change in demeanor, or perhaps the blatant dark circles under his eyes.

"I am, but I don't think I would be able to sleep right now. I still feel like I have performer's high," he chuckled, not willing to admit the sadness that had settled in his heart. He instead took a drink of the vanilla latte he had convinced you to make for him; it'd been too long since he'd last been allowed to have one.

"You must be exhausted; it's been a really long day," Stevens chimed in from across the table before becoming momentarily distracted by a notification from his phone.

"Yeah, but I'm really happy with how things went tonight. Thanks for coming back there and telling me to calm down," Yoongi tossed you a smile. He could barely even begin to describe in words how thankful he was for everything he had accomplished, and for everything that he had; it all almost felt surreal. He owed so much to every single person who had taken a chance on him, every single person who had believed in him. Because without those people, he knew he never would've made it this far.

"What else are girlfriends for?" you smiled back at him, the two of you holding a rather flirtatiously long period of eye contact. Yoongi was the first to snap out of it upon remembering that your uncle was sitting less than two feet away. Fortunately, Stevens hadn't been looking. He was still absorbed in his phone, smiling, and seemingly texting somebody.