Chapter 2 (Edited)

HER POV:

I jumped on my bed. It had been only a few hours since I came back home from college. Shutting the huge calculus book, I grabbed my phone. Since Abi (Father) was extremely angry when I got bad gardes in the last test, I had to follow my scedule and study for two hours straight. Well, at least I managed to complete an assigment.

A bored yawn escaped my lips and I decided to go out with Kyle. It had been a week since we met up and I was hungry too. So... Why not? I quickly texted him saying suggesting to meet up at the movies and his quick reply made it obvious he was more than happy to comply.

Finalizing everything, I jumped off my bed and started getting ready. I put on some makeup and put on my long heels. Curling my golden brown hair, I wore my casual black and white jeans and shirt.

Skipping downstairs, I bumped into my father. Freezing in my place,  I face palmed myself and bit my lip when he called me. Abi never liked it when I was going out with Kyle. He was so against me getting into relationships. I turned around on my heels with a fake smile.

"Yes, Abi? " I asked and leaned in to hug him. He gave me a kiss on the forehead. As soon as I broke the hug, he asked me if was going anywhere. I nodded. "Just going out with some friends. I'll be back before evening." I lied. He raised an eyebrow, obviously wanting to interogate me further but he knew how much I hated that.

He then looked at my whole attire from head to toe and I soon realized what was going to happen.

"You're going to wear this outside?" He questioned, pointing at my sleevless shirt. I mentally rolled my eyes. "Is there any problem?" I asked him, a bit snobbishly. He looked at me hesitantly. "Binti (daughter) of course it is. You are a young woman. People would look at you with bad intention." He tried to aruge in his soft and gentle tone. I folded my arms over my chest.

This was like the fifth time he said that to me this month. I could feel my blood boil and I finally exploded.

"Dad! I told you not to force me into anything. You don't respect me and treat me like those Muslim extremists. This is the new age! Even Muslims don't wear hijab anymore. I don't want to look old fashioned." Saying that, I stormed off outside.

I hated arguing with Abi and being mean to him, but he should know by now that I wasn't going to listen to him. He couldn't keep me in a cage the same way other Muslim dads do to their daughters.

HIS POV:

"And then, Miss Tuti told us to go outside and play. I was so happy!" I was listening carefully to what Meena was saying and laughing at her childish jokes. She was so cute, Ma shaa Allah. Skipping around, making everyone swoon over her, I had no clue how she did that.

Today, she was wearing a shocking pink frock which had a light pink  floral print. Her short dark brown curly hair were tied up in a neat pony tail. Her big brown baby eyes were twinkling with mischief as usual.

"You know, wainee? I'm really hungry." She said. I stopped in my tracks. "But you ate two whole Parathas in the morning!" I reminded her, a little scared of what was coming next. She nodded and patted her tummy.  "Meena knows but she is Hungry​!!" She frowned and said. I sighed and took out my wallet. I knew this was going to happen.

If this goes on everyday, I'd be broke in a few days. I took her to a patisserie. She jumped up and down and squealed with joy as we entered. The cold air of the air conditioner hit my face. A sweet aroma of cakes and chocolaty goodness filled my nose and I could see that Meena had smelled it too. She rushed over the glass counter and peered over the delicious goodness.

"Will Jannah be like this, Wainee?" She questioned, drooling as she stared at the cakes with hungry eyes. I laughed. "Jannah will be exactly as Meena would want it to be. But you've got to work hard for it." I told her. She nodded and roamed around the whole shop, deciding which pastry she would take.

I looked around for some myself. The bell rang which was fixed over the entrance, indicating that someone had come. "This smell is amazing!" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see who it was. There she was. Standing only a few metres away from me with some guy.

Romma. I groaned. Did she have to show up here as well? Her eyes fell on me and her bright smile turned into a smirk. I decided to just ignore her. Wouldn't want any drama in front of everyone. But it seemed that Romma had other plans. "Waqqar. Well, Isn't it great to see you here?" She walked towards me, the guy with blonde hair following her.

"Sure." I replied, uninterested. "Who's he, Romma?" The blonde dude asked her. "My classmate." She responded. As both of them were in their own little world, I decided to flee. "Meena." I called out, looking for her.

She came out of a corner, with a small package. She hopped towards me happily and reached out her arms to show me the tiny package. "I want this one!" She demanded. I patted her head as I took the package from her tiny hands. "Let's go then." I smiled at her.

"Here's your change, sir." The cash keeper handed me the change. Thanking him, I turned around to leave. I spotted Romma again. This time, she was alone. She walked towards me. "Where did you go? I wanted you to meet Kyle." She said, looking here and there. I shurgged in response.

"I met him. Besides, what do I have anything to do with him?" I replied, showing nothing but disinterest. "Do you know who he is?" She questioned. I shook my head. "And I don't want to either." I replied. She rolled her eyes but then smirked. "My boyfriend." She said.

Sometimes, I think Romma tells me these things just to tick me off or to show me that she doesn't care if she is a Muslim or not. "That's nice." I told her, hiding the fact that I was not in approval at all. She seemed to notice this as she smiled victoriously.

"Can I go now?" I asked her, irritated. She nodded and moved aside to give me way. "Thank you." I said, tightly. Grabbing Meena's hand, I walked out of the shop. "Who was that girl with bad clothes?" Meena asked, once we were out. I froze. Thinking of what to tell the kid, I went into deep thought.

"Just a girl in my class." I replied, trying to drop the topic. Meena tapped her chin as if thinking about something. "Hurry and finish up your pastry; it'll melt if you don't." I changed the subject. Meena didn't seem to take any more interest in the previous topic as she was devouring down her chocolate filled cake by now.

She seemed to be lost in another world.

Cute.

We both went home to our middle sized villa which was my Chachoo's. I was the only one living here while my family was back in Pakistan. I wanted
to study abroad and my uncle had insisted that I stay at his place.

I opened the door to my room, after placing my shoes neatly on the rack. I got Meena dressed in her casual clothes and got her to sleep. The house seemed to be empty. Nadia Khala (Mother's sister) was probably busy in school, teaching. Chachoo would be working at the garage right now.

I got my books out and got to work. I had to complete quite a lot of presentations.

Love me, Love my Lord (Complete√)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara