Chapter 5 (Edited)

HER POV...

Silence filled the room as soon as our little conversation had finished. My eyes, fixed on the plate of cookies moved to have a secret look at Waqqar. His words replayed in my mind and I couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. I got what I asked for. Answers about Islam. But, I didn't know it would catch me off guard. Maybe I had lost faith in the religion but of course, I was being careless. 7.6 billion people in the world and approximately 24.1 percent are followers of Islam AKA Muslims, including myself.

This 24.1 percent of humans weren't as stupid as to follow a religion of terrorism. I acknowledged that before but never gave it much thought. I guess I had to accept that I couldn't point more fingers at it but I still wasn't ready to bring myself to change my ways according to the rules and regulations Islam had set for me.

I just couldn't.

The clinking of a teacup shook me out of my thoughts and my gaze moved back to Waqqar. "I'm guessing that's it for now...?" He said as if asking permission to leave. I nodded. "Yeah." I pursed my lips, forming a tight smile. "For now." I added. He cocked an eyebrow. "I won't agree to this next time. Today was an exception." He spoke with his usual firm and formal tone, but it was seemingly soft today.

"We'll see about that." I smirked a little, the silence slowly fading away. He narrowed his eyes at me before wearing his normal expression. "Well, I hope I cleared a few doubts." He said, taking a last sip of his green tea. There it was. The same hardness in his tone had returned.

"Yeah, I guess." I didn't want him to know it did clear a few doubts. He'd just say stuff like 'Now you know you were wrong about Islam' or start giving me advice like, 'Stop your ways before it's too late'. That'd just annoy me. I didn't appreciate people telling me how to live my life. If I felt like there was a need to change my lifestyle, I was old enough to do something about it myself without anyone guiding me.

"You guess?" He repeated almost disappointedly. I looked the other way, not wanting him to get it out of me by giving me a long stare. "I'm sure it'll satisfy Iris—the girl at the park." I replied. Waqqar nodded, 'hmm' ing. "I see." He didn't push it further and just dropped it.

"Well then, I'll be leaving." He said and stood up. My eyes had furrowed into a scowl by now and I didn't say anything. Paying for his green tea, he left just like that. "What a gentleman." I mumbled, rolling my eyes. Finishing up my snack, I decided to leave too. The empty chair in front of me wasn't exactly entertaining to stare at.

I walked out of the shop, cold air hitting my face. I immediately regretted not wearing those shoes and jacket. Sure they were ugly but I needed them to keep me warm. My driver pulled up and I quickly hopped in. I pulled out my phone, after telling the driver to turn on the car heater.

The car warmed up quickly and I enjoyed the peaceful environment. My notification bell rang and I tapped on it. It was a text from Kyle saying he was gonna come around. I replied with a simple 'kay' and looked out the window. There was an unsettling feeling in my stomach about the conversation Waqqar and I had a while ago. I just couldn't seem to get it out of my head. It was weird how we couldn't have a proper conversation without one of us getting annoyed by the other.

That got me thinking; today was the first time we really interacted. Not that it made a difference but it kept bothering me how Waqqar left without a word in the end. Well, it didn't really matter.

........................
..................
.............
......
...
"Want a bite?" I offered, handing Kyle the sandwich. He rejected the offer, looking down at his phone. "Why the sudden visit?" I asked not really interested. He looked up at me. "Just cause."