Chapter 41

HER POV:

I stared at myself in the mirror. To me, I looked great. But I was having second thoughts. Should I really wear this dress? It looked great. Anxiety was taking over my confidence. I wasn't so sure anymore. Iris told me it was great too. But... I quickly shoved these out of my mind. "No! I can do this!" I told myself and quickly put on my shoes. I looked at my wrist watch which was matching my dress. It was ten thirty. Prom was supposed to start at nine pm. The party was probably in full swing now. And I was late to a prom for the first time in my life because I wasn't completely confident about what I was wearing. Also for the first time in my life.

I grabbed my bag and keys and rushed downstairs. As soon as I climbed down the last stair, I saw Abi standing there with a mug in his hand. He was reading the newspaper standing there. I smiled at him and walked up to him. "Salam, Abi." I caught his attention. He looked up from his newspaper to face me and nearly dropped the mug. I could see his eyes widening. "Wasalaam." He spoke, frozen in his spot. "Mashallah. You look..." He trailed off as a smile slowly formed on his face. I blushed and started fiddling with my fingers.

"Beautiful." He finished, planting a kiss on my forehead. That made me blush more in embarrassment but also happiness. "Jazakumullah khair Abi." I said. I glanced at my watch and shook my head. "Oh man, gotta go, Abi. I have to leave now. I'll be back before 12 in shaa Allah. Salaams." I gave him a small hug and turned to exit the mansion. "Wa salam, habibiti. Break a leg." He winked at me. I giggled and walked out to the car.

I got into the car in the backseat and told the driver to take me to the hall. He started the car and we pulled out of the mansion. I looked out the window. The buildings passed by so quickly. I got lost in my thoughts. It made me think; it was the first time I was going to prom without a date. I smiled to myself. Alhamdulillah. I changed for the better. May Allah bless Waqqar. Allah sent me Waqqar as a light of guidance. He really did change my life. Of course because Allah willed it.

And just like that my thoughts turned to him again. I sighed and leaned against the window. I had never ever been so serious about a guy. And the fact that it was Mr. Boring Waqqar Mehmood driving me crazy was almost unbelievable. I wondered... I wondered if this was what it was like to be in love.

My cheeks became red as I thought this. I loved him... I had told Lucy that day. And there were strong reasons why I chose him over jocks like Kyle.

I didn't love Waqqar just because he stood out. Or because he was kind and nice. I loved him because he was just so much more than that. He helped me be who I really was. And he pulled me closer to Allah. Allah, my beloved Lord, to Whom I owe every happiness in my life.

I wanted to feel like that for the rest of my life. I really wanted to marry Waqqar. Marrying him meant spending the rest of my life with him. I squealed and became even redder at that thought. How would I stay with him forever? Him with his boring ways and constant serious talks and studying and amazing brown hair and those brown eyes and smile...

I think I will explode into a blushing fire before I reach the prom.

But Allah knows what he's thinking. Oh Waqqar. He's got me spinning around. Was it really that hard to accept me? Was I really that bad? Or maybe he just doesn't trust me enough. I let out a long sigh.

The sudden halt of the car pushed me out of my thoughts. "Ma'am we're here." The driver said in his husky, dark voice. I pulled my handbag over my shoulder and hopped out of the car. "I'll give you a call when I'm free." I told him and shut the door of the car. I walked up the entrance of the gym. I could hear loud chatter from the other side of the door.

I took a deep breath. "This is it, Romma!" I told myself. "Time to put all that popularity, hard work and style into good use." Turning the knob of the door, my heart fastened it's pace.