Chapter 7 (Edited)

HIS POV...

"Wainee, what if I say that I'm never going to talk to you. How would you feel?" Meena asked me, skipping along my side. I smiled at her. "I'd feel really bad and would try my best to get Meena everything she wants so that she would be happy with me again." I told her, pinching her nose.

She laughed at my little gesture and took my hand. "I would forgive you in a second!" She said, smiling. Her pearl white teeth showing. "That would make Wainee really happy." I kissed her on the cheek. The wind blew and her hat fell off. I picked it up and placed it on her head like before. She held on to it so it wouldn't fall off again.

Meena was one of the important people of my life. Since she was the only cousin I had there, she was basically my little sister. All my sisters were older than me and well settled. I never really had the chance to bond with them. Meena was the only one I had spent time with and it was probably the same for her.

We were not much attached to our cousins the way most middle eastern families were and the only reason was because we lived far away from them. Honestly, I would say that I was getting distant from my own mother because of this distance. But of course, the biggest reason I loved Meena like my own sister was because she was way too adorable.

Both of us reached home after a long day of school. I liked gaining education and all but sometimes, it got very tiring.

As I walked up to the door and took out the keys, my mind brought back the topic of the party. I wasn't really keen on going but Nadia Khala had convinced me. It wasn't that I didn't like meeting people or hanging out with friends, I was just a little paranoid about all the haraam that might happen there.

"Assalamualaikum," I shouted to no one like I usually did as I entered the house.

It was a habit of everyone in our family. My mother used to tease me when I was young about how Muslim jinns might reply to my salaam at night. I smiled at the thought but quickly regained my senses. The door wasn't exactly the best place to recall old memories.

I went up to my room and Meena did to hers. It had been almost ten minutes when Meena returned. I was putting my clothes away when she tapped on my leg. She then cleared her throat.

I turned to look at her. She stood there with her nose high and waited. I cocked an eyebrow at her. "Is something the matter?" I asked her, trying to understand her indirect gestures. She scowled at me as soon as she heard that and then let out a mature sigh.

"Do I have to tell you EVEYRTHING, Wainee?"

I straightened up and folded my arms over my chest. "Oh, acting mature are we?" I said playfully. She shifted her eyes towards the left direction. "You didn't notice my dress." She said softly. I frowned to myself. My eyes moved to her dress.

It took me a while to guess what the matter was but I soon did. "Ohh!" I exclaimed in realization. Meena smiled at me, satisfied. "You're wearing the dress I got you from Pakistan!"

That made Meena smile wider. "Mmhmm!" She nodded at me quickly.

After apologzing for not noticing, I sent her off to sleep.

I set my alarm clock and took a little nap.

Next day...

"Can anyone answer question number 6 on page 38?" The teacher asked. Before anyone could answer the bell rang. Kids rushed out like herds of elephants before the teacher could excuse them. Some even jumped over desks to run out of the classroom.

I stood up calmly, packing my things and stuffing them inside my little bag. I wasn't quite done when I felt a light punch on my shoulder.

I turned to see who the person was. "We couldn't get the time to talk yesterday, Waqqar." Romma smirked. I fought back the urge to roll my eyes. "Yes we couldn't, Romma." I told her, calmly. I put in my last book and pulled my bag over my shoulder.

As I made my way to the door, Romma followed after. I tried hard not to show the disapproval on my face but it was hardly working. "I wanted you meet someone." She started. "Mmhm" I gave an uninterested reply. Though it made me curious, I wasn't willing to start opening up to Romma.

"You know_" she stopped in her tracks, making my head turn around to see what the problem was.

Romma was glaring. Glaring at someone who wasn't me. I looked towards the direction she was facing and saw someone who I didn't expect to be one of the victims of Romma's glare.

It was that boyfriend of hers I met the other day in the shop with Meena. I frowned as I looked between the two. The guy, whose name was Kyle if I remebered correctly, was just minding his own business. He seemed unaware that Romma had spotted him as he was just typing away on his phone while heading towards the door we were standing at.

Romma's eyes trailed after him as he walked upto the door. He made eye contact for a few seconds and walked outside. Romma rolled her eyes and turned back to me.

"As I was saying," She started again. For a moment, I thought about asking her what had just happened but I quickly shook the thought off. Poking my nose into others' business was not my thing. Especially when 'others' included Romma.

"Remember the girl I told you about? The one who had those questions about Islam." Romma asked. I frowned and nodded. "Sure. What about her?" We exited the building and headed towards the main gate. Romma was now walking beside me.

"Well, she's got more questions and wants to meet you. She was quite satisfied with the answers so she told me to ask you whether you were free this weekend or not." Romma finished and started to look at me with expectant eyes.

"Uhh."

I stopped walking and so did she. The way she was looking at me was as if she was sure I wouldn't say no. If I gave her a flat no, she would demand a reason and probably force me. I knew Romma well now and I was aware that she wasn't used to getting rejected.

"Don't say you can't." Before I could let the words leave my mouth, Romma spoke. I took a deep breath. "Not giving me much of a choice there, are you?" Romma shook her head.

I sighed. "Look, I know I agreed to answer the questions last time but that doesn't mean I'll do it everytime. You can tell your friend that I was busy." I turned to go, pulling my bag up over my shoulder again.

I could hear her stomp her foot behind me but I just continued walking off. "Wait!" She called after me and ran up to me. "She really needs those answers. Can't you help her out?" Romma pressed. I shook my head. "Apologies, Romma but I think I've given satisfying reasons. And oh." I looked back at her.

"Do say sorry to her from my side."

Romma just looked at me with a scowl but thankfully, she didn't follow me again. I successfully went out of the main gate, greeting the security guard as I did.

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE BORING CHAPTER. This chapter was really nothing but a filler. I'm so sorry. The next chapter would be better! Inshallah. Don't forget to vote and comment. Salams!