Chapter 19

Her POV

There is one thing I still don't get. Despite being a social media addict and a popular girl myself, it's impossible to believe that I forgot to take a certain someone's phone number. Well done, Romma. I patted myself mentally. You really showed how careless you are.

I can't believe that I forget to take Waqqar's number every single time! It's been 4 weeks since I'm dying to have his number and yet, I always forget. I don't remember myself being this forgetful. Note to self, next time I see Waqqar. His phone number is priority. Right now, I was sitting locked up in my room working on my presentation which was due tomorrow. Abi was the reason for this. Just when I was gonna speak to him about finding Waqqar a job, the phone had rang.

(Flashback)

"Abi, I need to talk to you." I told him, walking up to him. He turned to face me, a smile on his face. "It's about my classmate, Waqqar. The one who you met that day." I explained. His smile widened at the mention of Waqqar. I knew Abi really liked Waqqar by the look on his face. "Oh Waqqar? Go on." Abi smiled. "Well, Waqqar's uncle_" I got inturrepted when the phone rang.

Abi shot me an apologetic look and I nodded assuring him. He picked up the receiver and spoke. "Yea? This is Romma's father speaking." Abi said into the phone. I froze on my place. Who would it be? "What? Are you sure that it's her??" Abi questioned and I got even more restless. I hope I wasn't getting into trouble. "Okay I am so sorry for the trouble. Don't worry, I'll deal with her." Abi was now wearing an angry expression and he put the receiver down.

He faced me and stared at me. I fiddled with my fingers, uncomfortable under his glare. "Romma, what's this I hear? Your teacher is saying that you haven't been paying any attention to your studies and most of your assignments are incomplete." Abi told me, his glare wasn't getting any softer and it looked weird on him. Leaving that aside, I looked up at Abi.

"I... Don't know what you're talking about." I lied but Abi didn't believe me. Judging by his look, he was getting angrier. "Now, you go upstairs to your room and are not allowed to get out until your assignments are complete." Abi ordered. My eyes widened in horror. "But, Abi..." I protested. He shook his head and put his hand in front of me. "It's final. Complete your work. I don't want to hear anything like this ever again.' Abi said firmly.

I nodded, sighing. God! This was bad...

(Flashback ended)

And so, here I was. Completing my work. I made up my mind to talk to Abi after I'm done with this. I had to help Waqqar out if it was the last thing I did. I couldn't bear him like this. I had to help him out. I just had to. But I had to finish this first. Ugh! I let a sigh of annoyance. Seriously?! Today of all days?? When I was in middle school, I always thought that I would do whatever I wanted in college. But, NO! The teachers in college are as dominant as can be.

I started my work and finished it as soon as possible. It took me an hour because I seriously had so much to do. Well, I guess there are some things in life that you can't escape. I just wish I could quickly graduate from University so that I can breathe a sigh of relief, finally.

Next day...

"Wainee!" I shouted at him, walking up to his table. He looked at me, startled while Harry and Damian just nudged him with a smirk on their faces. I shrugged it off and sat down across Harry and Waqqar, beside Damian. "Hey, Romma." Damian and Harry chorused while Waqqar just nodded. "Better than ever. Wainee, I need to talk to you." I turned to face him directly then I looked at the two other friends. "Alone." I firmly added.

Waqqar looked at both of his friends as if asking for permission. They nodded in assurance and stood up. With a "Have fun" they walked away whispering something to each other and laughing soundlessly. "What's up with them?" I asked Waqqar. He just shrugged.