Chapter 8

HIS POV:

I pressed the honk again, waiting for my friends to come out. I had tried calling them a few times but both of them didn't even bother picking up. I was midway in a yawn when my uncle's car's door clicked.

"Sorry dude, we're here now." Harry stated guiltily as he got in the back seat. Damian hopped in after him, giving me an apologetic look. "About time you showed up. Remember, I'm here because of you guys so try to take some responsibility." I said, starting the car.

"Yeah yeah, we know. We'll have a blast. I promise!" Harry exclaimed to the both of us. Damian just nodded quietly, agreeing. "We'll see." I responded.

The party hall wasn't that far. We reached our destination in about 25 minutes. As I parked the car, I noticed the excited expression on Harry. We got out of the car and walked towards the hall.

Neon lights shooted out of the glass windows and it made Harry even more excited. "It looks like the party's going really well." He remarked. I could hear the music to some extent but was more grateful that nothing was exploding with noise. We entered the hall and were immediately surrounded by our college fellows.

Neon lights shone on and off in the whole room and everyone seemed to enjoy the atmosphere. Sad music played in the background. It only meant that it was a while before they started the dance.

Harry, Damian and I quickly walked upto the food tables and grabbed a few snackd. 

Thank God there weren't any drunk kids around. Aunty Nadia was right. It was a party that the school was throwing. There would be strictness. Not too long after, the music had gotten louder and i felt dizzy. Thank God Damian and I decided to go outside to enjoy some air. Harry  was probably talking to girls and I for one am not willing to witness it all.

As Damian and I were walking towards the garden, Romma stopped us. She was wearing a black dress that was up till her thighs. I quickly looked the other way, disappointed. Why does she have to wear these kind of clothes?

"Waqqar and Damian! Isn't it a pleasant surprise to see you here?" She said. Damian nodded. "Sure is, Romma." He replied, smiling at her.

She turned to me, expecting me to say something. I shrugged. "Sure." Was the only thing I could say. "So, the thing is that" she sighed. " The car that was supposed to pick me up, broke down. My driver says that it would take him 3 hours to get it working. Since the party is almost over, I wanted to ask if one of you could drop me and my friends home?" She asked.

Damian turned to me. "What about it, Waqqar?" He asked. I nodded. It wouldn't hurt dropping them off. Besides, Romma was Muslim. It would make Allah really happy for helping her out. "Fine, but I'm not sure if all of your friends would be able to fit in. I only brought the small car for me and my friends." I explained. She nodded. "It's fine. I've got only three friends with me." She told me.

Soon the party was over. It was just okay if you ask me. These parties really weren't my type.

I got into the driver's seat and everyone got in as well. Harry and Damian were supposed to get off at the same stop. Romma's friend, Stacy lived close to my house. The other one, Lucy was Stacy's sister so both of them lived together. I'd have to go out of my way for Romma. I'd even have to pass my house on the way.

All the way to Damian's house, the car was filled with noise. I even had to cover my ears at a point. But, I didn't say anything.

"Dude, today's party was great!" Harry exclaimed, patting my shoulder. I hummed in response. "Looks like it's our stop. Bye girls!" Damian said. "Bye!" All of them giggled.
As the boys got off, there was peace and silence for a moment. I dropped the sisters off and continued driving. "So, Waqqar." Romma started to say. I focused on the road. "What made you come to a party?" She asked.

"My wife forced me to go." I said, sarcasm dripping from my voice. Romma seemed to believe it as she gasped. "You're married?!" She practically screamed. I let out a small laugh. "You actually fell for that. No, I'm not married." I told her.

She seemed to be quiet and I felt her staring at me. Did I say something weird? I stopped the car in front of uncle's house. "What are we doing at your house?" Romma asked. I gave her an assuring look. "I just need to grab something." I told her. I got out of the car and walked inside the house.

HER POV...

I was waiting patiently for him to return. 5 minutes had already passed. I spotted Waqqar coming out of the house, a little girl following him. The little girl got in beside me and Waqqar sat on the driver's seat.

I looked at the little girl. She was so cute. She had curly brown hair and hazel eyes. She had a round face cut and her lips were baby pink. Her cheeks were red as if someone just put on some blush on her. Her skin was very fair and she was, what you call, an angel. She was wearing a purple frock with pink sleeves.

"Who's she, Waqqar?" I asked him. He turned to the back to smile at the little girl. "This is Manahil, my little baby sister." He told me. I stared at her in awe. She smiled at me and held out her hand. "Assalam u alaikum, I'm Meena." She said. I grabbed her hand and shook it. "Waalaykumusalaam, I'm Romma." I told her.

She gave me a weird look. "You're a Muslim like me?" She questioned. I nodded. "Yeah, I am." I responded. She examined me from head to toe. "Then why are you wearing that?" She asked me, pointing at my dress. I looked down at it and turned to Waqqar for help. He seemed to be ignoring me and looking at the road. Hmph! That guy is so cold.

"I... Don't know." I replied. Meena seemed to understand that I didn't want to talk about it. "You're Wainee's classmate?" She asked me and I nodded. I was thankful that she dropped the topic or else I would be speechless in front of a five year old.
I looked at Waqqar, smirking at the nickname. "Wainee, huh? That's so cute." I said to him and he just froze and face palmed.

Meena touched my hair. "You're hair are so pretty, Mashallah! I want hair like that as well. Right, Wainee?" She turned to Waqqar for approval. He just nodded. "Yeah, they are." He said.

I just looked at him, shocked. I've never thought he would say that. Well, that's nice of them. "Thanks but yours are better." I told her, touching one of her baby curls. They were so soft and silky.

"So anyways, Meena. Where do you study?" I asked her. She smiled at me brightly. "Chocolate school!" She replied. I frowned in confusion. "She calls her school that because it's painted mostly in brown." Waqqar told me. I nodded knowingly. "Oh so that's it."

But, it was cute. She must really love chocolate.

"What is your hobby?" I asked her. She thought about it. "Eating is my favorite thing to do." She told me. I started laughing. "Really?" I said between laughs. She nodded cheerfully. Wow what a girl!

"Waqqar you need to bring her tomorrow to the game." I ordered him. He sighed.  "Fine."

"Anyways, looks like my stop has arrived." I announced. Waqqar stopped the car in front of my house. "Well, bye." I said to Meena and Waqqar. "Bye!" Meena waved at me. I waved back, giving her a smile. She wasn't like Waqqar at all! She was so cheerful and jolly. Waqqar is just so BORING!

It was nice to meet her. I was excited to meet her tomorrow. I remembered what she asked me in the car. She asked me why I was wearing this dress. I felt embarrassed, to be honest. Wouldn't you be? A five year old saying that to your face.