Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

HIS POV:

"Waqqar!" Romma called after me. I turned around to face her. "Romma? It's been a while." I said to her. She nodded with a sad face. "Yeah, I was practicing for my upcoming game.* She told me. I nodded, "Yeah, Iris told me. She came to me yesterday." I informed her. "Yeah, I know." Romma replied.

Both of us started walking towards class. "Waqqar, will you come to my game? It's on this weekend." Romma asked me. I thought hard on it. "Oh, sorry. I have work this weekend. I would've come if you hadn't." I explained. To be honest, I felt bad. I enjoyed last time and wouldn't mind coming again. But, the look on Romma's face made me feel more guilty.

"Oh. That's okay." She mumbled and looked ahead, hurt clear on her face. Soon, her expression changed into an exciting one. "Leaving that aside, I decided to ditch the revealing clothes and go for a more modest look. What do you think?" She twirled around to show me her long skirt. I felt really happy to see that change in Romma. Giving her a thumbs up, I told her she looked really nice which caused her to look at the ground.

Recess had started and I walked to my locker to prepare my books for the next class. As I turned the knob, the door flew open and a letter  out. Confusion masked my face as I leaned down to pick it up. "A letter?" I asked from no one in particular. I opened up the envelope and pulled out the piece of paper from inside.

"I wonder a lot if I ever cross your mind. Because though I try to keep you out, you're always dancing around mine.."

I blinked, bewildered. What in the world? I shook my head and continued reading.

"Don't turn away or put this down. Because you don't strike me as the kind of guy who just goes along with a girl's fancy for him. The thing is, I had no other option but to write to you because I didn't think you would talk to me.

I like you. Actually, I'm quite sure I have a mega crush on you but I just can't help myself. I can't help watching you everyday and I just want to be closer to you. But I don't think you'd like that, being a practicing Muslim. So this should suffice.
Love, Prim_Rosa."

I stared at the pink, perfumed paper for a few minutes, my mind whirling. Then I slipped the letter back inside the envelope and tucked it into my bag. To be honest, I didn't know how to react. This person, who claims to have fallen for me, is quite blunt. I really didn't want to get into a situation like this but, I honestly had this urge to know who would've written this. They didn't give much of a clue about themselves and I don't speak to many girls. I knew that it was wrong to ponder on it but I was too curious.  I needed someone's advice on this matter.

Not Damian because then, he'll probably start teasing me endlessly. Not Harry, because he's too clueless about girls in general. I frowned, maybe Romma? I wasn't too sure even though talking to a girl about this was better than talking to a guy.

Walking to the cafeteria where I was sure Romma would be, I had one thing bugging me. Who is this secret admirer? Is she serious or just playing around? Should I even be overly concerned?