Chapter 1: Veronica, Different

I keep starting at myself in the mirror. I have a date with Archie in about a hour and I can't figure out what to wear. It's usually a struggle but lately the struggle is harder. I'm not sure why. I let out a sigh and try on a different dress. This one is all black off the shoulders and it stops just above my knees. It's cute and simple maybe I should wear this one. My makeup is already done it's simple also no eyeshadow just eyeliner ,mascara, highlighter and I don't have it on now but I have it picked out it's soft red matte lipstick. I look in the mirror again, maybe I should try something else. I'm not so sure this dress is good.
*Ding *
My phone goes off. I walk to my bed and unplug my phone. It's a text from Archie.

"Hey Veronica I know we have a date in about 20 minutes and I know this is last minute but would it be okay if Jughead and Betty would come too. It will be a double date. Also we might come by sooner like in 10 minutes. Sorry for asking last minute. Love you -Archie "

Err really Archie you ask me right before we're supposed to go out. I like double dating . Betty is my best friend but I hate when he asks last minute. I don't mind really I just wish he would have given me more a heads up. Also 20 minutes where did the time go how long have I been trying dresses on.
I text Archie back.

"Yeah its cool a double date sounds fun I'm ready so come anytime. Xoxo -Veronica "

I look back I'm the mirror. I guess this dress will do. I reach in my purse and pull out my lipstick and put it on.
*Ding*
It's another text from Archie.

"Thanks Ronnie xo see you soon"

I toss my phone on the bed and sit down. I'm putting on my shoes they are short boots high heels all black.
*Ding*
It's a text from Betty this time.

"Archie just told me you are cool with the double date Sorry for it being last minute. Jughead and Archie were hanging out and decided to make it a double date. See you soon ☺"

"No biggie See you soon"

I finish putting on my shoes , take one more look and the mirror and take a deep breath.

It wasn't long before Archie came and too my surprise Jughead and Betty were already there. I thought he would get me then them but it was no big deal and I sat in the front seat and leaned over to give Archie a kiss. Then I turned to face the back seat and said hello to Jughead and Betty. Then we were off.

We went to a bowling place and so my shoes were not the best idea.
"I hate wearing shoes that thousands of people also used"

"It probably wasn't thousands "
Jughead said.
I gave him a look and took the shoes out if Archie's hands.

Jughead smirked and spoke again.
"So let's get this started "

It was actually a really fun time. Me and Jughead were teasing each other all night back and forth. We usually aren't the ones talking to each other most but tonight we just clicked. I think i talked to him more than Archie. 
Betty said it seemed like me and Jughead were the ones on a date. Even though she said it obviously joking. Me and Jughead both went what no eww. Jughead also said what me date her never. I gave him a sad look and said hurtful. Then I smiled and we all laughed. We were all tired and soon all went home.

When I got home as I started to get ready for bed. Humm I thought as i was brushing my hair , Me and Jughead like  Together I set the brush down and think about Me and Jughead. The thought of us being together isn't as gross as I thought it would be. Actually the more I think about it it's not well gross at all . It's wired as I'm dating his best friend and he is dating my best friend but other than that he is a good guy. The yelling in the background stops my train of thought.  I walk over to my door and listen. They are arguing again. My parents seem to do this almost daily now. I step away from the door. I don't want to hear it I just wish I knew why they keep fighting. I go to my bed and lay down. It's hard to sleep with them like this so I put my headphones on and try to block them out.  It's not helping much and I need to put my mind on something eles so I decide to text Archie.
"Hi Archie just wondering if you can talk I know we just had a date but I wanted to talk to you"
After a couple minutes there no response.
I wait a few more minutes but still no response.
He is probably asleep.
It's only 11pm but he probably was sleepy. He did have a long day and I am not desperate I don't need to talk to him.  It would just be nice and I feel like I need someone to talk to right now. They are getting louder now. I haven't told anyone how bad it is. How much they fight. I don't think it's a very big deal but it hurts. I wish it wasn't like this. I turn the music up and try to sleep.  School is tomorrow and I need sleep I have to look my best.

*********
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter.  I know it's slow and not much Jeronica stuff going on but there will be don't worry I have a lot planned for them. Please favorite and share it also follow me so you can get updates on this story.  Thank you again.