Chapter 34: Veronica , Explain Yourself

Have you ever hurt somebody like really hurt somebody. Not in the way where you leave a physical mark like if you got in a fist fight or broke someone's arm. No I'm not saying like that way the physical way but the emotional. You can eventually heal the other way usually and yes even emotionally hurting someone can heal but it also leaves behind a scar that can't be seen and will be there for a long time longer than anyone realizes. That's what happens when you scar someone's heart. I have done some shirt things and hurt lots of people to be honest and I regret most of that but this. This horrible terrible thing I did that not only scared one person but two peoples hearts. You know what I'm talking about it's mine and Jughead's affair. The secret is out now it's been out with rumors spreading and growing like wild fire. I don't care what they say about me. I have been called a slut , whore, bitch , and other similar names to those  more times than I can count now. I don't care what they say but I'd be lying if it didn't hurt. I don't wanna leave the house because everyone is going to be attacking me and I know I just need to suck it up but this has been the worst week how did it get this big this fast. What am I saying it's Riverdale where drama is like water to people. My parents are probably the only people who don't know as they are out off town for a couple more days and I'm worried for what will happen when they find out. 
My phone dings and it's Betty. I shoot up out of bed she hasn't said a word to me since I told her about Jughead. The text just says we need to talk. I tried talking to her when I told her but she was mad and walked away so I couldn't explain myself but now I think she had cooled off and we can talk about it all.  I text her back okay and when . Another text comes in it says Pops in 1 hour. I send back okay I'll be there. I know we can't make up this fast but I just hope I can make things easier and let her know how I didn't try to hurt her I didn't want to hurt anyone and that it's not just some dumb affair that I love him. I hope I can someday get my best friend back. At least we can talk things over  now . When I told her it was like this we were at a dinner not pops but a different one in town just in case things got bad I didn't want to make a scene a pops so I told her I wanted to check this place out. While there after we got got our food and we're talking about school and life I decided I can't stall anymore Archie knows so not much longer so will she .
"Betty I should let you know something "
She looks up from her food and took a sip of her shake.
"Okay what's that"
I got really nervous I was about to say something that is going to ruin my friendship and hurt my best friend.

"I did something um"
"Veronica just say what is going on"
"I have been seeing Jughead"
I could feel the room go silent even though it was actually loud and packed of people .
"Um what I don't think I heard you right"
" I'm with Jughead "
She looks so angry and I try to say something but then she dumps her shake on my head
"Betty what the"
" How could you Veronica you're supposed to be my best friend but you go behind my back and date the man I loved"
" Betty let me explain "
" No explaining"
She stormed out after that and I sat there for a minute while I let it all set in. When I felt things settle down I stood up put 30 dollars on the table just to be safe as I don't know the bill but I know it wouldn't be more than that and left. I wasn't mad at her for dumping the smoothie on me I deserved it but I hoped I could have explained myself more. Now I have the chance and I hope things will go a lot better this time.

I decided it was best to give her some space. It is what's best. I betrayed my best friend and I can't justify that no matter what my excuse is. Cheating is the worst thing I have ever done and I have no right to think she wouldn't be mad at me. I could have handled things so much better but there is no time machine not going back and undo all I can do now is fix and mend.

My phone goes off. I know who it is before I even look at it . I don't want to answer but I don't want to pull away. I look at my phone and its Jughead just like I thought. What am I supposed to do? I love him and want to talk to him but there is a feeling of guilt that rushes over me. The feeling consumes me and I put my phone away. It kills me to not talk to him when he is who I want to be around most of all but the image of Betty's face flashes. She looked so upset. I need some space right now.