Chapter 8: Jughead , Messed Up

Betty is laughing at the tv. It's the first date night I've had with her in a long time.
I smile and laugh along with her and the movie. She sits closer to me and I smile at her. I suck all I can think about is Veronica and Archie . I'm the worst person. Betty is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met. She is so kind and thoughtful. I am so lucky. Veronica can be vain and at times selfish but after spending all this time with her I have realised there is so much more to her. She is thoughtful and funny. She loves to goof around when she didn't think anyone is looking . When she is herself and not who others want her to be she is someone amazing. I wish she'd let others see that she can make amazing jokes act childish , be messy and caring. She comes off cold but she truly cares for so many people.

"Are you okay Juggy "

I look down at Betty and she looks confused.

"I'm fine why you asking"

"You look like your mind wandered away for a moment"

"I'm fine"
She smiles

"Good"
She look at the movie.  Its some romantic comedy that I can't think of the name of at the moment. I've seen it before and honestly my mind isn't here right now . it try and not show it but ingress I'm it doing the best job.

The other night after working on the project with Veronica witch we barely worked on because we couldn't stop joking around. We watched a movie. It was the Princess Bride one of Veronica's favorite movies which she has already made me watch 2 times out of the 5 times we watched a movie together. It got late and she fell asleep. She was on the couch and I was on the recliner. I looked over at her and she was a sleep with a smile on her face she was hugging the couch pillow and I walked over and put a blanket on her then I went back to the recliner. I wanted so bad to kiss her. It was so wrong but it would have been perfect. She was a sleeping beauty and I could be her prince . I know she is with Archie and I'm with Betty. Archie is my best friend and Betty is her best friend but in that moment it was just me and her. She looked so happy and peaceful. It felt like it was movie moment I could walk over to her and kiss her. Shed wake up and I could kiss her again. I left after that because I shouldn't think that way. It want the first time I wanted to kiss her the first time was that same say when we were working on the assignment we were reading about when Romeo kissed Juliet and we were discussing how to modernize that scene. I wanted to lean over and kissed her I'm not sure why but the thought popped in my head . I quickly pushed it away.

Betty sits up snapping back to wear I am.

"You seem like your mind is somewhere else again"

"I'm I think I'm just tired that's all no need to worry "

"Maybe you should head home and get some sleep"

"No Its fine I'm fine"

She looks like she is thinking about it and shrugs.

"Okay I'll just be right back I get you a glass of water"

"Thanks "

She walks away.
Apart of me wants to suggest that we invite Archie and Veronica over for a group hang but I know she might get mad. Me and her haven't had any alone time much lately and it won't be a good idea. But I just can't shake the question. It's bugging me the thought of Archie being with Veronica. Even though I know this small crush if that what you call it. It is dumb because Veronica would never feel the same way towards me she is so in love with Archie. I would never even stand a chance with her. Archie is the star athlete , he plays first , signs , writes,and is Mr popular. They belong together they are the power couple. I stand no chance. Wait why am I even thinking this way did I forget I already have a great girlfriend. How can I have these thoughts. I am such a bad person. But at least that's all they are just thoughts. its. It like I would act on them . Even if I wanted to.

Betty comes back luckily and snaps my mind away from the thought.

I kiss her cheek and take the glass of water she has for me.  I drink almost all of it in one sip.

" Well I guess someone was thirsty "

"I guess I was so how about we finish this movie"

She smiles and sits back on the couch. A moment later her phone dings.

"Who was it "
I ask hoping it was Veronica and I can know what she is up too.

" Just my mom she said she she's on her way back home thats hes done with the grocery shopping"

"Oh"

It's driving me crazy. Well I am crazy caring about what is going on with someone not my girlfriend and my best friend.  Just focus on the movie.

Betty seems happy watching the movie. I need to focus on that.

After the movie finishes and Betty asks if I wanna watch another I tell her it's getting late and I should get home dispute the fact it was only 8pm. When she brings that up I tell her I'm not feeling good and I should get some rest . She agrees with that and I tell her we will have a nice date night soon.

The drive home makes my head spin . Part of me wants to drive to Archie's I could say I forgot something at his house but that's too unbelievable. I can't just show up and say I wanted to hang out. He knows I know he was supposed to hang out with Veronica tonight. Also Betty will find out it and get mad I lied to her. I find myself driving in the direction of Veronica's house and well there it's more believable I forgot something. I can say I left my notebook.
When I get to her house I feel so nervous. She probably isn't here she's most likely still out with Archie and if Archie is here that makes things even worse. I should just leave but I don't instead I go and knock on her door.

I don't hear a response. She is most likely still out with Archie like I thought. I am about to turn away when the door opens and Veronica is standing in the doorway. She's dressed in a tank top and short shorts.

"Sorry if I am bothering you i know you are probably still on your date.."
She cuts me off

"I'm not Archie dropped me off about 20 minutes ago i've just been relaxing on the couch listening to music"

"Oh umm well"

"Arnt you on your date"

"I ended it early "

"Oh well what are you here"

"Umm well"
I had the excuse already in my head I was going to tell her I think I forgot my notebook.

"I forgot something "

"She looks back in her living room then back at me"

"Oh what is it i didn't see anything "

I was about to speak I was about to  say sorry my bad and walk away but I didn't. Instead I did something unthinkable unforgivable.

I kissed her .

I stepped close to her and kissed her.  I pulled away and there was a look of shock on both of our faces . What did I just do. Before I can apologize she kissed me back. She stepped close to me and kissed me deeply. The kiss was quick but deep.

When we pulled away again.  We both looked in shock. I have no clue what to say.

"I should get going "
I say like an idiot

"Okay"
I step away and she shuts the door.

What just happened.