Chapter 16: Regrets

V
The next day was one that threw my head into a daze. That sounds weird but that's where I am at. It's Saturday and I'm supposed to be helping my dad today. He wants me to come by the office to get a feel for working . I'm just just going to skip it and instead go hang out with Jughead. I told my dad to lie if Archie asks where I'm at.

"Please just tell him at at your work"

"Why are you lying to Archie"

"It's nothing bad its just that I want to go hang out with some friends and I don't think he would understand "

"Fine i'll tell him but I don't just see why you can't just break up with him why go through this trouble "

I pause for a moment but just side step my thoughts for the time being.

"Talk to you latter day then we can discuss this more okay"

My dad nodes and leaves. I walk around the house for a little bit. I sit on the couch and pull my knees up close to me and hug a pillow. My head is spinning.
Then Betty calls I go to answer it but sroo. What would I say. Just suck it up girl . I answer it.

" Hey Betty."

" hi veronica are you busy today"

"Yeah I'm going to work with my dad today"

"Oh yeah I forgot sorry "

"Its okay do you need anything"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go hang out and talk it seems like its been a while since we just got coffee and talked"

"I'm so sorry about that my life is just crazy right now"

"I understand"

"Are you okay something seems off"

"It's just well nothing"

"Tell me"

"Well Jughead seems distant lately "
I wish I didn't ask now I feel that sick feeling again

"Maybe he is just busy with his life I know his dad keeps him busy"

"Yeah that's true I guess that's something you both have in common "
I gulp

"Yeah well so sorry to do this to you Betty but I should go I promise we'll hang out soon"

"No problem good luck today"

"I'll text you latter"
I set my phone down and walk to my room . I lay down on my bed and hold my pillows close.
What have you done Veronica. What were you thinking. I break down crying. I am a horrible person I can't believe it. Why have I done this for selfish reasons that's why I just couldn't resist my emotions and I feel like I should have tried harder I can't believe I've done this to the people I care about I completely betrayed my best friend and my boyfriend I am just the worst person. Betty is so sweet and Archie cares for me. I should have thought about them or I should have not have put myself first in this situation I should have keep saying that but is there any turning back. Do I really want to turn back. Well that's the probably I need to stop putting myself first I can't think of what I want and feel and think of others. I'm always so selfish and I thought I changed but maybe I was wrong I'm the same selfish girl I have always been and I mean it this time I will change I will be better. I hope so.
I wipe my face and put on my makeup. I get dressed in my black dress with long leaves with a white collar. I got my purse and left.

I got to my dads office and he was happy to see me
"Glad you decided to see how it all works your going to be happy you came here someday the company will be yours."

I smiled and nodded. It's time I do things I say I will do and not hurt others I'm done being the bad mean girl I want to be happy but I don't want it to be at the expense of others .