Chapter 25: One More Night

V,
It's morning time and when I wake up I look around the room. Its bright out and I run my hand though my hair. That nightmare last night shook me a bit and it brought up some things i don't like to think about. I never thought I'd be the kind of person who would cheat. My Mom and Dad are both cheaters and liars and I swore that I'd never be like them. Then look what I did I became a cheater and a liar. Sneaking around with Jughead. It's something that bothers me the thought that i'm like them.

I get up change and walk out towards where Jughead is. He is still in bed sleeping and it makes me smile. I'm not sure why someone sleeping makes me smile but it does. I walk out of the room quietly and careful trying not to wake him. I go to the kitchen and check the fridge but it's empty. So I put on some comfortable shoes and start walking to town. The walk isn't long and it is nice. This place is so beautiful in the morning when the sun is just coming out and some plants still have the night dew on them and I see some squirrels and hear birds chirping. It was about a 3p minute walk and I get to a small grocery store. It's one of those small family owned ones. When i get inside there's an older lady probably 60 at the register and she greets me with a big smile and says hello. I smile and say hello back. There's a younger boy stocking the shelves he looks 15 and is probably the grandson. I pick up a basket and start walking around. I get eggs, bacon, bread, cheese, a couple boxes of mac and cheese, tortillas, rice , chicken, lettuce, some dried fruit, a few cans of soup, a can of beans , some fruit and vegetables, pasta, sauce, shampoo ,conditioner and some dish soap.

"How is your day going"
The old lady says when i get to the register.

"It is going fine how is yours"

"Swell so is all of this for you "

"Yes"
I'm not sure if I'll let Jughead stay but I don't want anyone to know he's there I don't trust my dad he might have a spy in here. I look over towards the younger guy. Then back to the old lady. I hand her some cash and head out. Lucky the stuff isn't too heavy so the walk isn't too bad but I did over buy for someone who has to walk back holding everything.  I try calling Jughead hoping he could come help but the signal out here is terrible and it won't call him. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and keep walking.

J,
When I woke up she wasn't there. I walked around the cabin and for a moment I thought she left like really left but then I  thought about how dumb that is. She wouldn't leave this place it's her cabin That's she's supposed to be at for the week and I'm the one who intruded if she didn't want to be around me she would just make me leave. Then I saw the note she left saying she went to the store. I walked around outside because I had no clue what to do. I didn't put a lot of thought coming up here all I bought was a few shirts and 1 extra pair of pants.  A few moments later I hear someone yell help. It sounds a little distant and low and then they yell louder "Jughead help" Its Veronica. I run outside scared that something is wrong with her and ready to help. Then i see her a little down the driveway trying to hold bags and juggle them to prevent them from falling. I start to laugh and she gives me an angry look.
"Don't laugh come here and helo grab a bag before they all fall"

I walk over grab 2 bags and smirk at her.
"What's so funny"

" you seeing you trying to hold the bags from falling"

"I had to walk with them all the way from the store"

"Why didn't you ask me to come"

"I didn't want to wake you"

"Well why didn't you call me like half way so i could help then"

"There was no signal I tried to call"

"You know you scared me when you screamed help"

"But I did need help"
She smiled. We went inside and we  set the bags on the countertop. I moved her hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear.

"Do you know how to cook breakfast" I asked her

"Sorta do you"

"Sorta"

"Well let's cook together it will be simple just eggs and toast but i got some other food letter for lunch".
We made breakfast together in silence but it was nice we exchanged glances at each other and smiled at one other. Also laughing at times like when I went to crack some eggs in a bowl and accidentally had some pieces of the shell fall in.  

"And were done" Veronica smiled and handed me a plate of our meal. I took a bite.

"Not bad"

"If me messed up eggs and toast that would be embarrassing.

"Yeah but who would know" We looked at each other in silence and kept on eating. When we were done I looked over to her.

"So now that it's morning and we had breakfast I need to ask a question"

"Okay ask"

"Can I stay here"

She took a deep breath and looked to the side out the window.

"I guess you can stay one more night and then ask me again tomorrow"

I smiled at her with a wide smile.
"That sounds great".

---------
Thank You so much for reading and please vote (like) and share it.  What do you think will happen with Veronica and Jughead. Thank you again and hope you enjoyed this chapter. Comment below what you'd like to see next.