Chapter 35 Jughead, Lose Her

She's not picking up my calls and she wont even respond to my texts anymore either. I am getting really worried that she is going to do like she has done before. When she stopped talking to me and wanted to end us. She can't end us . We have only just begun. I need to stop what is going on. I need to make sure she knows that what we have is real and that she can't let go yet I texted her to please meet up so we can talk things over. I'm so nervous when I hit send. I don't know if she will respond or not but i have hope she will. I stare at my phone like waiting for grass to grow. I need to hear back from her. I text her again. "Veronica please answer me i need to talk to you and i know you need to talk to me too."

I see the dots show up and my heart starts to skip in excitement. Finally I see her response. "Jughead I miss you too it's just been so hard after what Betty said i felt like i had to stay away and i know what you are thinking and i'm not saying we are over i just thought we needed space while this sorts out i thought we should give her time to adjust to all this." I let it soak in what i just read as i'm excited to hear from her but what she said make me think. Maybe she is right, maybe we should give Betty some time to understand. The thing is that i live her and she loves me so if we are going to make this work we can not just act like were not together. That this did not happen even of it is just for a little. Betty and I have not been a couple for almost a year now and while i do feel bad for what happened i do not want to just tip toe around her. Maybe if i can talk to her she can see it for herself and listen to me. 

I message Betty to please meet with me. I hope after everything we have been through that she will agree to meet with me even though I know she is mad right now i think she will because of our history we were friends for a long time before we were a couple. I got a response from her about 10 minutes later. "Tomorrow morning 10 am we at pops " I message her back "Thank you Betty" I then set my phone down and think over what to say. I want to get across how I feel without making it seem like I don't care how she feels.

The next morning I get up extra early to go over what I will say and arrive at pops about 930. I ordered some pancakes and a strawberry malt to go with it. I know i should probably wait for her to come before ordering anything but u will finish this before she arrives and then i will just order something again. I eat my food and drink my mault as I wait for her to come and go over things in my head but Betty arrives early and I still haven't finished my food. Betty sits down and I can feel the awkwardness in the air. "I see you have already eaten "

"I didn't know you would be here already but i'm not finished yet and i will order more after but what would you like to eat for breakfast"

" No food for me, just a vanilla shake for me " I nod , call over our waitress and order Betty's drink. I'm about to say something when she speaks first. "Look Jug I'm not exactly sure why you wanted to meet as I'm sure you heard everything that I had to say from Veronica already and you must know where I stand. I do not want to see you and her together and I don't want to discuss it further" Hearing this bug me. Why would she act like this? It is not Betty I know. "Then why agree to meet me if you already know you don't want to discuss things" I might have sounded a little rude but I'm annoyed.

Betty's drink arrives and she sips from it then looks at me with dagger eyes. "Because Jug I knew that if i didn't that you would hound me till i did and well"

"Well what Betty" "Well i wanted to hear it from you I want to hear how you betrayed me" There is no pain in her voice but there is a hint of anger instead and I'm not too sure how I should respond. I went over what to say in my head yesterday and this morning but now my mind is blank.

"All I can say now is that I am truly sorry. I should have handled it a lot better and I messed up big time. I should have ended things way sooner than I did and for that I apologize I also apologize for lying and going behind your back. I hope we can move on from this and that someday we can all be friends again" She looks at me with dagger eyes. "You cheated on me with my best friend and now you want to be some happy couple no not going to happen"

"Cheating on you is the worst thing I have ever done i really should have sucked it up and had the guts to break up sooner "

" But you didn't you just went behind my back"

"I will forever be sorry for the pain I caused but what you are doing now Betty you can not tell Veronica to choose your friendship over our relationship. 

"Why because you love her but remember you used to love me"

I'm very annoyed now but I don't want to sound like it when I say this so I try and relax. "Betty it is not the same kind of love while I did love you. It just is not close to my love for Veronica and I am not saying this to hurt you just to let you know where we stand. I love Veronica more than I have ever loved anything." "That is not fair" "Why" "Why can you and her be happy and in some epic love when I have nobody " I pause at that not knowing how am I supposed to respond to something like that. "Betty .. .I am sorry but you will find someone but till you do you can not aspect me and Veronica to just act like we're aren't in love. I know you and can read you. The thing is you are not hurt to see Veronica and I together but you don't want to see us happy. I see it now. This is your way of punishing us. You don't love me anymore and it doesn't not make you sad to see us. Betty please let me help you move past this anger" "You are right I don't love you anymore i got over you a long time ago and I want you both to feel the pain you made me feel when i found out what happened" "You were my friend at a time and Veronica is my best friend I never thought you would be a thing but now you are and i am alone. You both lied to me for so long and went behind my back Jug you betrayed me now you need to pay for that Veronica is so upset over what i told her and that hurts you too so far it's working and you will keep hurting till i decided you have had enough" I stand up from the table. " No Betty that's not right Veronica and I will be together. I hoped to have handled this better and I see now you are not ready for a civil conversation as you clearly just want to hurt us. So when you are ready to act like the Betty I know message me because right now I don't know who you are. " Betty stands up and looks so angry "           "That is so unfair and messed up to say" I set my money down and just walk away. I don't want to make her more angry and I said that I needed to know what I needed to do is call the next person that I should clear the air with.

"Hey Archie are you busy right now"

____________________

What do you think will happen next? What is Jughead up too? Will Archie want to talk with Jughead and how will the conversation go if he does ? Comment down what you think will happen. Thank you for reading The Right Kind Of Wrong I hope you enjoyed it 💙 💛