Chapter 11: Veronica , Smile

"Veronica , Veronica hello is anyone home"

Cheryl was saying as she waved her hand in front of my face .

"Wha what sorry i guess i'm just out of it"

I shook my head and looked over towards the football field where Archie was practicing.

i was on the other side of the fired at cheer practice. It's been almost an hour since me and Jughead agreed to see each other secretly and it hasn't left my mind . Im am so happy at the thought of Jughead and me together but then my mind shifts towards Archie and it make me feel sad. I hate that i'm hurting him. I know i can't have it both ways i can't be with Jughead and Archie and have them both happy so i just am going to have to live with the guilt.

Cheryl gives me a annoyed look.

" Sorry Cheryl i'll focus   "

" You better "

She walked away and i put on my face look. Practice went on and i tried not to think about Jughead and Archie.

After practice i hurried home. I don't think Archie tired to talk with me but i do know his practice ended right before mine and that he had work after practice.

At home it was lucky quite. Mom and dad were both doing their own thing mom was on the phone with her society friends and dad was reading the newspaper. Neither spoke to me really  they just said Hi how was school I say Fine i have homework . They nidd and i go to my room . They seem more civel since they got back . Maybe that trip really did help.

time i got a call from Archie. He asked why was i in such a rush after practice today. I told him it's because i was tired and just wasted so rest . He said okay and how am i feeling now i said fine but i have a lot of homework he said okay and he has work to do so he'll just talk to me tomorrow so that was that. I glad he didn't try to talk much as i was not in the mood to talk with him. How am i going to face him tomorrow. How am i going to face him and Betty . I guess i'm just going to have to learn to deal with it . It's worth it though. I like Jughead a lot and i wanna see him.

Dinner was silence no one spoke and i just picked at my food. Even though it isn't a war going on this house is still cold. I wish Jughead was here he makes me happy. He makes me feel better. Even though i wouldn't have him come over with my parents hear as i have no clue on how they would react. After dinner i went to my room and went back to working on my homework. It got kinda late and i went to bed. Then my phone went off. It was a text from Jughead.

"How are you"

It said. His text made me smile.

" i'm okay and how are you"

"Im fine so any regrets"

"No how about for you"

"No none for me"

" When can i see you"

"Tomorrow after school is that good for you"

"Yeah sounds great meet me at my house my mom is going to be out all day hanging out with people and my dad works."

"Can't wait"

" me too"

"Hey Veronica"

"Yes Jughead"

"I like you"

"I like you too"

"I just wanted to say it again"

"I'm glad you did i like hearing it

" I like saying it"

"Is this a date"

" I think it is"

I felt butterflies in my stomach its like im one of those giddy school girls well maybe i actually am.

"Sleep tight Jughead"

"Sleep tight veronica"

I set my phone down on the end table and smile. I can't wait tomorrow is like the first time me and Jughead are going to spend time together as well idk what to call it but yeah it is going to be great . Our first date it makes me nervous and excited at the same time. I hope that this will turn out great and that me and him actually go well together. Me and Jughead alone together here . I turn off my lamp and drift off to sleep at the thought.

___________________

Sorry for the short chapter next one will be longer. Ill post the next chapter up soon it won't take a week. I know this one didn't have much in it but i'll put more in upcoming ones. Thank you for reading it 😊❤️