Chapter 4: Jughead, Talk

When Veronica opens the door I'm surprised to see her dressed co casual. Just in a plain black tee and jeans she also has her hair up . She looks so laid back . Well she still has her makeup on but still I'm. It used to seeing her like this when ever I see her she looks like she's about to her picture taken like she needs to look a+ 24/7 .

"Are you okay Jughead why are you staring at me"

"It's nothing sorry I seem creepy I'm Just not used to seeing you look so casual"

"Do I look bad , i just thought that we only working on homework hold on I will changed" I put up a hand
"Noo  don't sorry if I sounded rude it's good you look good I like the causal look on you"

She smiled and cocked a eyebrow
"Well Jughead  did you just give me a complement"

" yeah I guess I did"

" I think that's the first compliment you ever gave me "

Human I thought I've had to have complemented her before but than again I don't think I have usually like I said she talks with Archie and I with Betty when we hang out.

"You might be right"

She giggles
"Well come in like I said my parents aren't home so it's just us hopefully we can get some real work done."

"Good well don't take this the wrong way but I don't like your parents"

"I don't blame you"

We sit on the couch in front of the Tv and the coffee table. We set our book down and Veronica pull  a notebook out of her bag.
" So do you wanna start reading and I take notes or do you wanna start talking notes and I read"

"You take notes I'll read"
She  nodes and takes a pen  out of her bag as well

"Well mis lodge who would have thought you we so prepared and school focused"

"Just shut up and read"

"How can I read if I shut up"
She cocked an eyebrow at me and gave me a look that says don't start then she  smiles and I start to read.

About 10 minutes in he  phone rings
She sent down the note book and picks up the  phone. She gets a gloom look and walks to the other room to answer it.
I can still hear the conversation
"He  I got the note, no I'm not mad , I'm fine , no Archie isn't over, I'm Just working on homework, no I'm not going  o have a party,yes you can trust me, fine , no , don't worry, whatever, well you left and just left note, no I'm not giving attitude, I said her own over, fine tell dad I love him , love you too"

She walks back in the room now and look upset but that she's trying to hide it
She smiles at me.

"Well where did we leave off"
She says

I want to ask her what's wrong , is she ok   but I should but I should. It's not my place well I can't help it.
"Are you okay"

"Me I'm fine"

"I heard  your conversation I wasn't  eavesdropping I just could hear it I wasn't trying to be nosey. I couldn't hear  what you mom said but I could hear you"

"How did you know it was my mom"

" I just could tell"

"It's nothing I'm fine"

I could see that she wants  to cry but I decided to not pres  on.
"If you decide to talk about what you feel or what's wrong you can talk to me and don't worry I won't tell Archie or Betty it will stay between just us"

She looked at me like she didn't know what to think.

"You can trust me"

She smiled and it was a real smile.

"Thank you"
She said and after a minute of silence I spoke again

" So where were we"

" Romeo was trying to go to the party"

"Ah yes he was"
I flipped back open the book.

"It's wired  isn't it"
I said a  I was searching for the paged

"What is weird "

"That Romeo was so sure he was in love with this girl he was willing to break into a place where he knew it was full of people who hated him just to see her. He was so sure he should be with her but then there comes Juliet and he could then tell him and the other girl weren't meant to be that Juliet was the real soulmate.

"So what is weird "

" That you can be so into someone one minute and then someone else the next like thinking this person is your soulmate but then you realise someone elesVV is."

"True "

I started to read when she spoke

"Hey Jughead"

"Yeah Veronica"

"Thank you"

"For what"

"Offering for me to open up and saying that you won't tell Archie or Betty I really appreciate it."

"No problem"

"So how about we read a couple more chapters and then finish the rest tomorrow"

"Sound  good to me"

After we finished and I was about to leave Veronica spoke
"Maybe I'll tell you tomorrow"

"If you want to"

"Maybe"

I walked out and when I got to the car I sat there for a moment. This is the forest time it was just me and Veronica. I liked it I think I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I hope she opens up to me I like talking with her. I start the car and head home.