Chapter 35

"Yes, yes, of course I will marry you," I nodded and pulled him up from the ground and into a kiss.

"I," I said and pecked his lips.

"Love," I kissed his nose.

"You," and went back to his lips.

He pulled back.

"The ring," he said. "I forgot the ring."

I hadn't even noticed.

"You're such a dork," I said. "I love you."

Maddon reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a velvet box.

"Should I get back on my knee?" he turned bright red.

"No, idiot just open it," I laughed.

He fumbled with the box and pried it open, revealing the ring. 

It was simple, just the way I liked it

It was simple, just the way I liked it. Fresh tears welled in my eyes.

Maddon took my left hand and slipped the ring on.  He brushed a light kiss on my knuckle where it sat.

I pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

Stars danced behind my eyelids and twinkled in the sky. This night couldn't be more perfect. I'm engaged to the person I love, something I thought would never happen.

We ended up lying on our backs, hand in hand, looking up at the stars.

"Look," I gasped. "A shooting star. Make a wish."

"I don't need to," he said.

"Why not?"

"I already got my wish," he said.

"You, are a cheeseball," I laughed.

"It was supposed to be romantic," he whined.

I laughed and rolled over so I was on top of him. We looked into each other's eyes.

He was the first to break the stare, looking at my lips and biting his. I felt my stomach drop. I guess this is how he feels when I bite my lip.

We kissed slowly, sweetly, with all the love and tenderness we had in us. We were engaged. I smiled into the kiss.

"What?" he asked.

"We're engaged," I squealed.

He laughed and kissed me again.

"Oh no," he groaned. "I forgot something else."

He went over to a wooden crate and pulled out a ton of pillows and blankets. He threw a nightgown at me.

"Go get changed and meet me back up here," he said and I left the room.

I literally skipped down the hallway to my room. I have never been so happy.