Epilogue

*Six years later*

"Daddy!" Corinne squealed and took off down the hallway.

"Hey monkey!" Maddon said and picked her up, twirling her around. Her high pitched laughter filled the hall.

I was holding Caiden, our six month old in my arms. He began to squirm and reach for Maddon.

"Could you change his diaper please?  I'm already running late for the party," I asked and Maddon nodded.

"Of course. I'll be there in a minute," he pecked my lips and went off towards the temporary nursery.

I took Corinne's hand and we walked to the ballroom, where the annual Spring Festival was being held for our anniversary.

I smiled at all the village people, who were gathered below me. They all waved up to us.

"Good afternoon everyone!  Sorry I'm late, a little baby trouble. I hope you're all having a wonderful time here at the castle," I said and went down to the main floor.

The thrones have long been removed, expanding the ballroom for all the people of Thanes to enjoy. Our parties were open for anyone, not just the wealthy or royal.

Corinne went off to play with her five year old friends, as I talked and searched the crowd for Maddon.

"Excuse me, Maddon should be back by now. I'm going to go check on him," I said and walked back to the temporary nursery.

We had moved out of the castle and to a smaller house right outside. The castle was now used to house anyone who couldn't afford their own house or for anyone who was visiting Thanes. Although, there weren't many people that were poor. Budget reforms had nearly gotten rid of hunger and poverty.

I couldn't help but laugh at the sight that met my eyes.

Caiden was lying on the bed, gurgling, as Maddon looked panicked.

He was holding a diaper but was frozen in place. A steady stream of pee was coming out of our child and onto the floor.

Laughing, I walked over and covered him with the diaper. Maddon's face was bright red.

"You have to keep it covered," I giggled as Caiden squirmed.

"Yeah, I found that out the hard way. Do you think there are any extra clothes here from last time we stayed?"

"Probably," I said and took Caiden into the bathroom to clean him up.

Minutes later, both boys were dressed, Maddon in a fancy jacket and Caiden in an adorable button down and pants.

I carried Caiden as we walked back to the party, Maddon holding my other hand.

"Braelynn, when are you guys coming to visit our town next?" a young lady asked.

"Soon, soon. We have Corinne's birthday coming up soon and then we will be doing another round of visits," I said.

Maddon and I tried our hardest to travel around to all the towns and stay a while. It was getting harder with two kids, but we still managed.

I smiled at Maddon, who was talking to another person. Caiden squirmed for him, and I gladly handed him over.

The kingdom has been improving so much. Maddon and I worked so hard for the first two years of rule to get everything up and running again.

The people were happy, so I was happy.

I had a perfect little family. A husband I loved, and two wonderful children. Corinne had taken no time at all to conceive, but Caiden had been a struggle. I could tell they would be just like Kellan and I when they were older.

Speaking of Kellan, I spotted him and his new wife over in the corner. They had just gotten married three months ago, and we so in love. I was so happy that he found someone perfect for him.

Mother had never remarried and still lived alone in the castle. She wasn't around the children much, which made me upset, but it is what it is.

Lauren married Bailey, the guard she had crushed on for so long, and they had a baby now. She lived right near us and came to visit all the time.

Holly had moved away, and I missed her every day. She wrote and visited when she could, but she was living the life of travel she always wanted.

The party wore off, and people retreated to their rooms or went off to their homes.

Maddon wrapped me in a hug from behind, kissing my cheek.

"Where's Caiden?" I asked.

"Kell," he whispered.

"And Corinne?"

"Lauren," he grabbed my hand and led me to our room for the night.

Rose petals were scattered on the bed, making me gasp.

"We're free for the night," he murmured, unzipping my dress and letting it fall to the floor.

I smiled and took of his jacket, then his shirt.

He kissed me like it was the first time, butterflies still swirling in my stomach.

We had never really gotten out of the honeymoon phase.

Maddon was the best husband I could have ever wished for. Our wedding vows were still one thousand percent true.

Many times I had thought in my life that I was the happiest I could ever be. Maddon and my children were proving me wrong every day. My heart seemed to grow every time Caiden smiled or Corinne laughed.

I was living the dream life I had always wanted.

~*~
THIS IS OFFICIALLY THE END!!!

Here is Caiden:

And here is Corinne:

They're just adorable right?!?

I may make some cute scene thingies later on, but Guarded is complete!!