Chapter 40

"Come here, I have something to show you," Maddon whispered as he hugged me from behind.

"Okay?" I drawled, following him into my lessons room. The sun was filtering through the curtains, making the room bright behind us. The chair and desk were pushed to the side and creating a huge empty space in the middle.

"What are you up to?" I smirked.

Maddon grabbed me close, placing his hands on my waist.

"Proving to you that I can dance," he said. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, quirking an eyebrow.

"Oh really?" I questioned.

"Yes," he whispered, kissing my nose.

We swayed back and forth, me with my head on his chest and him with his chin on the top of my head.

"I have to admit," I said. "You've improved."

"I may have gotten lessons while you were designing your wedding dress," he admitted.

"You would do that for us?"

"I would do anything for you," he whispered making my heart melt in a puddle underneath us.

"I love you so much. I can't wait to do this at our wedding," I said.

"Me neither. That's why I've been practicing. I want everything to be perfect."

I grabbed his chin softly in my hands and kissed him, pouring my love between us. My poor heart can never catch a break with Maddon around.

He deepened the kiss and pulled my waist closer to him.

"Aw, this is so cute!" someone squealed from the doorway.

We both sprang apart, whipping our heads to see who it was. A lady, about my mother's age stood there wearing a simple blue cotton button down dress and black Mary Janes. Her chestnut hair was tied back in a bun.

"Mom?" Maddon exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"

I could definitely see the resemblance now. Their eyes were the exact same shade of blue.

"Oh, we couldn't stay away with the wedding coming up, honey. Get over here and give momma some lovin," she said with a heavy Southern accent.

Maddon ran a hand through his hair, smiled, and shook his head, walking over to the door and giving his mom a hug. She squeezed him so tight he groaned.

A man appeared behind her with dirty blonde hair. He was so different than Maddon with dirty blonde hair and dark eyes. They had a similar build, both muscular.

"Adrion you can come out now. They're not kissing anymore," he called and a young boy came out. He looked exactly like his father, but without the wrinkles.

"You must be the queen," Maddon's mom said and curtseyed.

"Oh no, no need for that," I assured. "It's so nice to meet you."

She came in for a hug, nearly picking me up off the ground. When she let go, I was out of breath.

"I just hugged the queen," she whispered and everyone laughed.

I shook hands with Maddon's dad and gave Adrion a hug.

"So how long are you guys staying?" Maddon asked and grabbed my hand.

"Oh, honey, until the wedding of course," his mom said.

"Would you like a tour?" I asked. "I can show you to a room for you to stay in."