4: I want to Be By Your Side

Itachi noticed risei pant unusually heavy that day after sparring. Risei requested for a break and walked back into the house.

*Thud*

Itachi runs back into the house .

" Itachi!! Carry her into one of the rooms!! Quick!! I'm going to call a doctor!!" Itachi's mother said.
_________________________________

Itachi: what did the doctor say?

" He said she was running a high fever. Said she exhausted herself too much. "

Itachi: I see...

She opens her eyes " mmm... Ouch... Head..."

Itachi: risei. You're having a high fever.

" I'll cook you some chicken soup. Wait here. " And Itachi's mother left the room.

Risei: gomenasai... Bringing you guys trouble...

Itachi: then you shouldn't have exhausted yourself. What happened?

Risei: I had three missions back to back...

Itachi: that's unusual... yon daime doesn't seem like a slave driver.

Risei: I... Requested for it... Minato did say not to push myself to hard...

Itachi: then why?

Risei:.... ..... ....

Itachi: you can say.

Risei: shisui... Has this new member on his team. It's a girl... I don't want to see her... When I'm doing my anbu duties...

Itachi: you baka.
_________________________________

Shisui enters the room to see itachi changing the wet cloth for risei on her head.

Shisui: if I didn't know you were that cold to your teammates as an anbu, I would have thought you were just being nice.

Itachi: oh. Shisui.

Shisui sits down beside Itachi " risei no koto, suki? "
( About risei, like? )

There was silence for a while... Then itachi answered " um... But risei only likes you. She got sick because of you. She didn't want to see that new member you had on your team during her anbu duties. So she request for three missions back to back. "

Shisui: baka...

Itachi: right?

Shisui: Is she ok?

Itachi: um. Her fever is coming down. Her breathing seems to be normal again.

Shisui: do you think... I should confess to her?

Itachi: why not? I understand risei not doing it because she's afraid of rejection. To her, we're already the family she never had. She doesn't want to lose us.

Shisui: don't know... Probably for the same reason you didn't.

Itachi: ... Shisui...

Shisui: ... Even if yon daime is nice to us... Danzou still has his eyes on us. I don't want her to be something danzou can use against me. I don't want her to be hurt.

" That's why?" Risei asks. She had woken up and her eyes was open as her back was faced the two.

Shisui: you heard everything.

Risei: um...

Shisui: then you know...

Risei: what if I don't mind?

Shisui: cannot. I don't want you to get hurt.

Risei: so you're making the decision for me.

Shisui: ah.

Risei turns around and sits up " I refuse. I want to be by shisui's side. I'm not weak. Danzou can just do whatever he wants. I'm the yon daime's cousin. He won't just recklessly try to touch me either."

Shisui: risei...

Risei: I. Want. To. Be. By. Your. Side.

Shisui: you can't always rely on yon daime.

Risei: then kill me.

Shisui: what...?

Risei: if you're afraid that danzou will take me to threaten you, then kill me then. I promise I won't hate you. If you can't do it, I'll kill myself. I won't let you be the one in the hard place.

Shisui: are you crazy?!! Just for me?!!

Risei: just for you!!! I don't have anyone else I want!!! I only want... You...

Shisui: then what about itachi?!!

Itachi: shisui...

Risei: you're doing this on purpose!!! Itachi is home!!! Family!!!! Shisui is happiness!!!! They're different!!! Home is a place I go back to!! Happiness... Is something... I never had for a long time... After my parents died...

Shisui: is that so? Then what if one day I was ordered to crush your home? Crush your family? Crush itachi.

Risei: you won't!!! You're not that kind of person!! Unless you had a reason...

Shisui: oh. I have a reason. I hate him out of jealousy!!

" You're being unreasonable!!" Risei body flickers.

Itachi: you're doing this on purpose. Stop it. She'll cry.

Shisui: then the better...