23: Her Wilfulness

Three years later~~

Itachi has woken up earlier. He looked to the sleeping risei he had in his embrace. He kissed her forehead " gomen neh... I know... You will make the same decision as me. "

She yawns and her eyes open " itachi... Ohaiyo... "

Itachi: we need to talk.

Risei: about what...?

Itachi: it's time for you to return.

Risei: .... Why. I want to stay beside you longer... I want to at least... Be able to watch you die. Or maybe you watch me die.

Itachi: you know why. You're the only person pein would let go.

Risei: mmm... You're doing the same things as shisui... Except... He came back for me. You're not going to... That's why I liked him better than you... You're more selfish and stubborn than him.

He pushes her stray hair to behind her ear " you'll say yes. I know you will. "

Risei: I hate you... It doesn't have to be this way... It's just a message ...

Itachi: you know you can't just pass the message. I want you to live . Not die .

Risei: Why should I live? It will be easier if I just...

Itachi: risei.

Risei:.... You want me to watch over konoha... Why do all of you give me these kind of difficult tasks... I don't want...

Itachi: that's because we've been letting you been wilful all this time. We know you'll do it for us.

Risei: why me... There's Kakashi. Jiraiya. Tsunade. So many skilled ninjas... It doesn't have to be me who deals with this.

He cups her cheek " don't be wilful. You know it has to be you. Only you get to do whatever you want~ " he pokes her forehead with two fingers. " Promise me."

Risei: another promise... You all make me do things on your terms. I'm the one suffering.

He kissed the place he poked " that's why I'm compensating to you. Isn't it?"

Risei: mmm... It's not even enough. Bully me...

Itachi: I take it that you promised me then.

Risei: after the kazekage.

Itachi sighed " alright. Last time you're being wilful with me."