Five.

The joy of dressing is an art.

Well, the media world survive solely on its capacity to milk all the red blood from the misfortune of others.
It was a life fact that Susan cooper had learnt early in life when she was a struggling,unappreciated, overworked and underpaid reporter learning the ropes of the cruel media world.

Yes, as bad as it sounded it was what kept her tabloid in business for years. With her small army of private detectives; her very own, well established spy network which stretched to all corners of the film industry.

Giving the curious, hankering, thirsty population every drip of the dirt: revealing skeletons behind closets, digging up buried affairs and uncovering juicy controversial issues while dragging famous A list actors and actress names through the mud and then smiling all the way to the bank.
For both parties mind you because like they say there is no bad publicity. So, in the end it's a win-win situation.
A tango.
A game Susan had learnt the rules and played only to win.

It is man eat society.
Others gaining and benefiting at the expense of the unlucky lot.

Nothing personal just business Susan thought swivelling in her chair in her lavish office.

Her Secretary voice pulled her from her thoughts with a start her eyes swiping her office; the expensive,white plush Arabian carpet, the antique mahogany desk, the oil paintings gracing her walls but seeing nothing, before they came to focus on her intercom machine which was spewing her secretary voice, relaying her lunch appointment that she would probably be late for.

" Thanks Judy and there won't be anything else you may leave for your lunch"
She shot another glance at her watch cursing under her breath.
Damn! She was definitely going to be late. She thought as she ran out of her office passing the surprised secretary on the way out.

********

Thirty minutes later, Susan cooper and Mark Arvery sat having lunch at the Polo Lounge of the Beverley Hills Hotel.
Susan had her customary command center booth, placed next to the door so she would observe everyone who came and went.
They drunk red wine as was their norm and she consumed Cobb salad while Mark had his stake. She eyed it with longing in her eyes her mouth watering as Mark took a big bite and chewed slowly savoring the juicy taste.

" you want a bite?"
Mark asked between bites watching her closely.

" No. No. No Absolutely no" she quickly replied her face heating with embarrassment realizing she had been caught gawking. She averted her eyes and took a perfunctory bite from her plate.

" Are you sure? "

" Definitely."

Mark watched her with curious amused gaze.

The woman seated across from him wasn't the classical beauty like his wife or her sister. Her mouth was a tad too wide,full and unpainted. Her face was narrow, a patrician nose, high cheekbones and her red hair.

The features didn't really work out together but they were perfect on her.
Arresting, striking and sexy. With her voluptuous curves and white complexion.

" watching my shape" she reiterated sheepishly drawing him from his thoughts.

Caught momentarily off guard watching her features encased in haute couture black dress he was lost for words. But he recovered his wits about him quickly but not quick enough for her alert eyes.
Her saucy smirk told as much.

" there is nothing wrong with your shape from where I am standing dear"
He said after clearing his throat.

" yeah yeah. But no one loves a fat girl"
she shot back sweetly.