Twenty Three.

They say wisdom comes with experience and experience is often a result of lack of wisdom and Sasha wasn't stupid and had made a point never to learn from her experience.
In her experience, it was more fun to learn from other people's experiences.
Granted,  Michael was a player who loved playing the fields more than anything with women's hearts Sasha wasn't too eager to be one of those poor women.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck it's probably a duck and Michael exhibited all the signs of a player.
Maybe it was his station life but  if he didn't reform he would be up his neck in a kettle of boiling shit.

Over the years she had watched what he had done to women so with that in mind you wouldn't fault her for looking out for her poor heart.
Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth no matter how much he tried.
The jerk had no faithful bone in his body.
She was acutely conscious of his past life despite efforts to the contrary. A  distinctly masculine machismo player aura seeping through the thin veneer  of  faithful boyfriend. At least that's what she assumed they were even if they hadn't done the deed in that department.

And wasn't there greatness in doing things you hate and would never have imagined you would do in a million years? Like stalking but to her she was just investigating and protecting what was hers.

" Let me get this straight you arrived late and you are making it up by leaving early?"

" precisely."

D said without missing a beat.

" Can't you be more original than that?"

" It isn't getting any more real than I hauling ass out of here."

She gave her a smile that made Sasha Wonder if she was a push over.

"Can you remind me who is the boss around here. The last time I checked it was?"

She made a show of thinking tapping a painted red -lacquered nail on her lips," ooh yes it's still me."

"To be totally honest with you it's killing me to sit around and wait for life to shower me with the good things and for the one to wonder into my office so I am planning to grab life by its balls."

"Life won't get any better if I fire your ass. Anyway, Are you in the mood for a little adventure?"

D gave her a wry suspicious stare already shaking her head.

" Come on I need a ride."

Five minutes later they were seated in D's little car.

" D agreed to help."
Sasha told a peeved Emily.

" I believe the right word was you ordered."

D frowned an exact replica of the one on Emily's face. Apparently she wasn't the only being dragged against their wills to stalk Michael.
But if she would be a party to it she might as well enjoy it.

"A boy and a girl can never be just friends psychology tell us that much. Genetics can't allow that since we are all wired to be attracted to the opposite sex. So are you planning to raid the cookie jar or are you serious about love?"

She said in her sagely voice shaking her head sadly, "this puts a damper on my fantasies about Michael then"
She added sulky.

" Quit with your charade and believe me  you will enjoy this."

"I don't believe you and I will certainly won't enjoy this. I have never swam naked in a public beach but that doesn't mean I would enjoy it either."

" Think about all the men who will enjoy the view."

Sasha winked at her.

"This is really fucked up forgive my French."

D shot  a furtive glance at Emily in the backseat.