Fourteen.

"Mummy, I spy a word beginning with B."

" Not now Emily."

" please mom."

Emily pleaded, putting on her adorable face and doing that thing with her eyes she had learned from pussy with boots. A look that surprisingly worked on her every time. Judging from Em's small smile she was also privy to the information. The little manipulative prick.
Sasha groaned her eyes finding the present Emily had gotten for her after she had missed her school play. Yet again. Very thoughtful but wait till you see the name of the book. Little Miss Busy.
Her now favorite bed time story.

" Boring?"

"No silly."

"Beast?"

"No."

She shot back with an exasperated sigh slapping her forehead as if she couldn't believe her mom's stupidity.

" I give up."

" Bideo."

"Bideo?"

" yes." Emily smiled knowingly at her bewildered mom apparently proud of herself.

" it's video not bi... whatever you said."

" No."

" video doesn't start with a B."

" yes it does."

She huffed folding her small arms on her chest and stared straight ahead determined to ignore her mom.

" I give up."

Sasha groaned as she pulled up in the underground packing lot in Michael's apartment.
She had to see for herself and put her doubts to rest once and for all.
The fucking Valentine brought murderous thoughts to mind as she recalled the embarrassing conversation days ago..

.

"So who is your lovely date?"

" I am kelvin. Kelvin josh."

Her 'date' had answered before Sasha had found her voice.

" That name sounds familiar. Have we met before?"

" I don't think so but I am designer."

" yes. That's explain it. You won't believe it but I just bought one of your classic dresses."

" Ooh how nice."

Sasha recovered shooting a murderous glare at Valentine. Her eyes asking what she was playing at and promising retribution.
The woman had the gull to smile and went on to ruin her lunch by dragging kelvin into a discussion about his work.

" Excuse me ladies but I need to rush somewhere. Valentine it was nice making your acquaintance. Sasha I will call later."
The last bit sounding more of a question than a statement.

" So what's that all about?"

" I believe it's none of your business and I would appreciate it if you stop this, " Sasha had gestured between them, " we both know we aren't friends. You don't like me as much as I don't like you if not more."

"Hold your horses dear. There is nothing wrong with being social. After all you are a friend of a friend."

Valentine had smiled sardonically.

" well friends don't sleep with their friends. That's just wrong."

" I am sorry if my lifestyle affect your moral compass and if I didn't know any better I would think you are jealous."
Sasha had laughed then too shrilly for comfort.