Chapter 13

The next morning, Marceline was the first one to wake up because she couldn't sleep. A few hours passed and everyone woke up to Bailey screaming. "Who died?" Samuel asked in the doorway. "I have a huge zit on my forehead!" Bailey yelled. Marceline peered her head from the bathroom door with a toothbrush in her mouth and simply said, "Bitch," and lifted her hair and bangs out of her face, revealing acne and zits on her forehead. "Get over it," she said, continuing to brush her teeth. Isaac snickered, "Well someone's confident today." Marceline shrugged, "Well I woke up early so I thought I'd actually get dressed and do something." They all changed into decent clothes and watched the long road follow them in the RV. 

"Hey guys, I just figured something out," Alex said, stopping the RV. "What?" Clancy asked. "The map, those red X's marked hideout's, but I also found L.J's little club. The one we went to so we could get info on where Michael was to take 'em out," she said, pulling the map from under the seat. She set it on the table and grabbed a pen from her back pocket and drew a large circle around a blue dot on the map. "L.J.'s club is right there. He hide's there so he can stay away from Michael and so no more of his men die. And it works," she explained, circling the dot with the pen. "So... how far is it?" Isaac asked. "Not very, only twenty miles, so around thirty minutes away," Alex said. "So... what do we do?" Bailey asked. "We go there. And I have a plan, because I have a feeling that a few Bloody Roses will be in there," she said, getting back to the drivers seat. "What's then plan?" Samuel asked, lying on the couch. "Since L.J. know's me, Bailey and Clancy pretty well, I thought that you and Marceline could go in with us, and have the rest of you keep watch. Isaac I'll give you a signal and once I give you a signal, turn on the RV and Jeff, you and C.J. need to keep guns on you so you can defend yourselves if someone tries to follow us," Alex explained as she drove. 

A few minutes passed until Isaac sat next to Samuel and asked, "You doing okay?" "I still feel weird from last night," Samuel said. "That and I have a headache that's being a bitch." "I can fix that," Isaac said. "Put your head on my lap." "Isaac, that's some gay shit right there," Clancy said with a moth full of toast. "Shut your ass up Clancy, he's done this to me before," Jeff said. Samuel scooted closer to Isaac and placed the back of his head on Isaac's left leg. Isaac ran his fingers through Samuel's hair and said in shock, "Why is your hair so soft?" Samuel shrugged, "I don't know, it's always been that way. Like how I've always really bad back acne. It's never gone away." Isaac's fingers got stuck in a single knot in one of the curls and had to yank his hand out of Samuel's hair. "Samuel do you comb your hair at all?" Isaac asked. "If I did, it'd be an 80's perm, so no, I don't," Samuel said. "Guys, we're stopping at a truck stop diner. If you want food, come with me," Alex said, parking the RV. Everyone but Marceline walked out of the RV, Marceline didn't feel like doing anything. "Marceline, we're cool, right?" Samuel asked, standing in the doorway. She nodded, "Yeah, I just feel like staying in here today." "Okay, what do you want from the diner?" Samuel asked. "Surprise me, Samuel," she said, lying on the couch. Samuel nodded and ran into the diner with the others.

Once they got back in, they all stopped once they heard singing inside the RV. Alex slowly opened the door and everyone heard Marceline singing "Heart to Heart" by Kenny Loggins, to herself. Everyone stood in shock as Marceline sang on the couch. "Damn, did anyone know she could sing?" Clancy asked. No one said a word. Isaac nodded his head, "Yeah, gut I thought she hated singing." Samuel peeked his head in the doorway and made everyone shut up. Samuel was so astonished by her singing voice, it was deep but also soothing to him. He slowly walked into the RV and stood right behind Marceline, who was standing in the girls bedroom doorway with her back to Samuel. He snuck up behind her and grabbed her by her shoulders and turned her around, scaring her to death. "Samuel what the hell? You gave he a heart attack!" she said as she looked at Samuel with a shocked but also relieved look. "Sorry, we all heard you singing. Plus I felt like scaring someone. Also here's the bag of food," Samuel said, handing Marceline the bag full of curly fries and a paper cup full of unsweetened iced tea. Everyone slowly clapped and Alex said, "That's how you impress a girl." and nudged Clancy's shoulder. "Yeah but Bailey doesn't like diner food," Clancy said. 

They all ate but Jeff couldn't find his fries. "Who ate my fries? Clancy?" Jeff asked. "I don't like fries," Clancy said. "Bailey?" Jeff asked. "I don't like diner food," she said. "Samuel?" Jeff asked. "It was Marceline," Samuel said with his body lying upside down on the couch. "Yeah it was," Marceline said, chucking the fry container in the trashcan. "Why are you like this?" Jeff asked. "I like food," she said. Isaac slowly clapped, "Bravo, Marceline." 

A few hours went by until it was eight thirty. Alex stopped the RV in a wooded area, right behind a large, one story building. "Where are we?" C.J. asked. "This, is none other than Lone Palace, the club/diner that L.J. own's and hides out in," Alex said, grabbing something from the closet in the corner of the kitchen  space. "Since a lot of "rocker" people come here, we have to blend in so they won't get suspicious. So Bailey, it's your job to get Marceline into something that will blend in, same for Clancy finding something for Samuel. And Bailey, if you dress Marceline like a skank then I'm picking out something for her," Alex explained, grabbing a red  shirt and black, ripped jeans. Bailey grabbed Marceline by her hands and dragged her into the bedroom. "Okay, I don't see you wearing a tight dress or, anything tight for that matter, also I think that half of the stuff I have is way to big for you because of your chest and arms, so I'm just gonna see what I got that's too small for me," Bailey said, opening a drawer from under her bed. She pulled out a pair of navy, velvet high-waisted shorts with a tight fitted black tank top. "Try this on," she said, throwing the clothes at Marceline. Marceline shrugged and put the dark clothes on. The shirt was too big in the chest, so she tucked in it in. But the shorts had fit fine. "Okay... just put on some makeup and I think Alex has a necklace you can wear," Bailey said, walking into the bathroom. "Hey Alex," she asked, "Where's the fox charm necklace you have?" It's in the closet, now get out," Alex said, slamming the door as she put her pants on. Bailey rolled her eyes and grabbed the necklace from the closet. She handed it to Marceline as Marceline put on winged eyeliner and dark red lipstick. Marceline put on the necklace, along with a choker that had a moon charm dangling from the end.  

"You girls ready or not?" Clancy asked, fixing his hair. Bailey nodded walking out of the room wearing a strapless black dress with fish net tights and black flats, with her lavender hair up in a braided bun. "Where's Marceline?" Alex asked. "Marceline, get you scrawny ass out here," Bailey said. "I'm tying my boots hang on!" Marceline called. Samuel walked out of the boys room wearing a black leather jacket, a dark blue shirt, and black jeans with burgundy and white vans. "Damn Samuel, he fixed you up good," Jeff said. "I guess? I've always liked leather jackets anyways. My dad had one that was pretty cool," Samuel said, leaning in the doorway. Marceline walked out, wearing the high-waisted black shorts, the black tank tucked in, the fox charm necklace, the moon choker, and the black boot's she'd already had. "Bailey, you did good," Alex said. Bailey rolled her eyes as she grabbed her knife and put in in a holder that was hiding under her dress. Alex grabbed her pistol and hid it in her jacket's pockets, while the others grabbed melee weapons and Isaac sat at the drivers seat, ready to turn the key. Alex waved as everyone climbed out of the RV and walked up to the club.