CHAPTER 3: Hey There Wolf!

KRISTY

        I got a call from a guy this morning, who said he got my information from Yelp. And started telling me he needed me to do some housekeeping for him today. Which the pay and everything was really good, though it seemed too good to be true, but still, I took it.

        When I arrived, the house was huge. It was two story and almost looked victorian. I thought it was beautiful. Though with this big of a house, if the mess was everywhere, it would take me all day to clean, or a few days, even.

         I knocked on the door and the guy who answered it was none other than the guy from the grocery store from yesterday.

         "Hey! It's you! Kristy, right?" He says.

         "Yeah." I replied shyly.

         "Please. Come in." He gestures with his hand while taking a step back a little bit.

         As I take a step inside, I begin looking around in amazement. It was just as beautiful as it was outside.

         Then after he closes the door behind us and gives me a quick tour, he asks if I would do the honors in coming over everyday and cleaning up the place as well as maybe cook a little bit. Which I agreed to. Though I'm not sure why. Given the fact that this place was huge. Though then again, he would pay me cash and that meant, I wouldn't need to give all the money to my parents.

         He left me alone to do my thing while he left to go see his girlfriend and now the house was empty and I began right away.

        The last room that I needed to do was what Will said earlier, belonged to his best friend, who happened to be his boss also.

       Which I discovered that for the most part, kept his room clean. Unlike his bathroom. Though it wasn't the worst bathroom I had seen, it still was messy.

       So I began cleaning it and it took me a good almost hour. Then as I began walking out, I was startled by a man's growl.

        When I looked to see who it was, I immediately could tell it was his room and that he must've been Will's best friend and the man in charge of this house.

         Though he looked hot as hell, he also kinda scared the shit out of me. In fact, his eyes looked to be filled with rage and so much anger that I was fearful in what he might do to me.

          Though after trying to explain who I was, he growled for me to get out. Which I did.

          As soon as I had ran out to my car, I sped out of the driveway and headed home as quick as I could.

          Later on tonight, after coming home, eating a very late dinner, I had walked into my bedroom.

         As soon as I turned on the lights, I was immediately startled and taken back a little as I saw my drunken father sitting on the bed.

         "Where were you?" He asks.

         "I was at that new job I told you about." I tell him.

         "It took you all day?" He asks.

         "Yes, Sir. Sorry I didn't call." I reply.

         I then notice him start to look me up and down which made me want to throw up and cover myself.

        "You know, it's a shame." He says as he begins getting up and slowly walking towards me. "It's such a shame that you are fat and not as attractive." He says to me so casually.

         "Sorry, Sir." I replied while trying not to cry.

         He then stops a foot away from me and shuts the door. Then he gets closer to me.

          "Now, be honest. Who were you fucking?" He asks demanding.

           "N-no body Sir. I swear I was working." I tell him.

          "Don't you dare fucking lie to me you whore!" He yells as he grabs my arm and throws me onto the bed, then slaps me hard across the face a few times before finally getting up and leaving.

          I wait until he goes to sleep until I do what I do most nights, which is run into the forest that's behind our house and go to my secret spot.

         After finally arriving at my favorite tree, I sit down and start crying as hard as I can.

         "Nana. I know I promised you I wouldn't hurt myself anymore. But I can't do this. My family's right. It's better if I just die. I'm too fat and ugly for them to love me. For anyone to love me. So why stay? What's the point?" I say while looking up at the sky as I start taking out my razor blade that I was carrying in my bag and then as I close my eyes, I start cutting deep into my skin. Letting the blood immediately start dripping from out of my fresh new cut. Though I don't feel it.

        I then sit up against the tree and lay my freshly cut wrist fall to my side and bleed.

        Then I suddenly hear the rustling of some leaves. Sounds like somebody's coming.

        Then right as I put my blade away and get up, I look ahead and see two glowing yellow eyes staring at me. Then the eyes get closer and once the moonlight hits the body the eyes are attached to, I notice it's a wolf. It's a dark grey and silver wolf.

         "Go ahead. I'm not afraid. Go ahead and kill me. Please. Please just kill me." I start to beg.

         But the wolf just looks at me, though not in an attacking way, but a more gentle way.

        It slowly begins walking towards me and as it gets closer to me, it looks at my cut and half wet/half dried up blood. Then it looks back at me.

        I don't know how, or why, but I felt like it was judging me.

        However, before I could say anything, I heard a howl come from a distance, which caused the wolf to look over it's shoulder real quick and then back at me before running away.

         I'm not entirely sure what happened. All I know is that I just met a wolf and was talking to it as though it could understand me.

         I hope that I'm not going crazy. That's the last thing I need right now.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)