CHAPTER 6: You Are Late!!

CAM

        I had just left Tammy's house and was headed back to the house when while driving along the winding road, I spotted someone walking in the pouring rain.

         I wasn't sure in who it was until I drove passed her. Then when I saw it was Kristy, I stopped abruptly, back up beside her and told her to get in. I mean, the least I could do was give her a ride, to apologize for how I reacted towards her earlier.

       Though it took me a few times of telling her to get in, did she finally got in and let me take her home.

        During the first five minutes of the car ride was quiet. A little awkward too.

        I turned on the heater, and aimed the vents towards her to warm her up some more.

         "Thank you." She quietly says in her soft voice.

         "Don't mention it." I tell her.

         "Here." She takes out some money and puts it into my cup holder.

         "What's that for?" I asked her.

         "For your gas. For picking me up and taking me home."

         "I was already headed this way." I tell her while grabbing the money and handing it back to her.

          The rest of the ride towards her house was silent.

           Then once we pulled up in front of her house, I decided to tell her, "I'm sorry about snapping at you earlier."

          "It's okay. I deserved it. I ruined your papers." Then before I could say anything, she says, "Well, thanks again. Goodnight." as she gets out and shuts the door before heading up to her house.

         In which I wait until she's inside before I take off. Then once I do to start heading back towards my house, I can't help but ask myself, in what she meant about how she deserved me yelling at her. I was the one that was an asshole, she didn't deserve my reaction.

        I tried not to think too much of it and just ended up going straight to bed.

*****************************************

        The next day came and I had noticed that Kristy was late. So I went to find Will and asked him where she was.

        He told me he hasn't heard from her. Then suddenly, we hear the door open up and see her walking in.

       As soon as she shuts the door, I am standing already a few feet away from her.

       "I do not tolerate lateness. Especially without at least notifying me ahead of time." I tell her with my arms crossed.

       "Yes Sir. I'm sorry. It'll never happen again." She says, while avoiding eye contact with me and not removing her sunglasses, which I find to be extremely rude.

        "Do you have a hangover?" I asked her.

        "No. Why?" She asks.

        "Cause you're wearing sunglasses inside and my lights, I know aren't that bright. Please, remove them." I tell her in a more demanding way.

         I can still work with...." She begins but I cut her off and ask her one more time.

         "I'm not telling you again. Remove them or you're fired." I tell her. I mean, come on, who the hell does she think she is by going against me and trying to talk back to argue. This is my house and she works for me.

        "Yes, Sir." She replies as she removes them and looks down still while putting them into her bag.

        Which I take that opportunity of her looking down, to walk up towards her. I immediately stop when she looks up at me and I notice a bruise on her left eye.

        "What happened? Who hit you?" I asked feeling angry that somebody would touch MY Luna. Wait, she isn't mine, I remind myself.

        "You know me. I'm clumsy sometimes. I just slipped in my tub and hit the handle. I'm still good to work though Sir." She assures me then begins to work. I hear her say hi to Will as he does to her also.

        Right after she heads upstairs to begin cleaning, I look at Will.

        "Who the fuck hit her?!" I demanded.

        "I'm not sure. But I'll find out." He replies as he begins to take out his phone.

        "Good. Then tell me as soon as you know." I tell him.

        "You got it." Will says as he starts talking with whoever's on the phone.

         I don't know why I care. And as much as I told myself that I would not get involved with her cause she's a human. I just suddenly, when around her, feel possessive and as if I need to protect her.

         As the day had dragged on, or so it seemed, I had finally gotten another copy of the documents that got ruined and was able to sign them and then finally have them sent back.

        Then right as I get done signing them, I start smelling not just my mate's beautiful scent, but also some delicious food.

         I begin getting up and heading out towards the kitchen.

         I see that it's Kristy and she's finishing up with the final touches for dinner. The table is already set and right as she begins to walk over to the table to set down the platter of fried chicken along with sides she already had placed down as well, she looks up at me and is startled.

         "Sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." I tell her.

         "It's okay. Dinner is ready. I already told the guys." She says.

         After she sets the platter down, she then  heads back into the kitchen and begins to clean up a little bit.

         Then right as I was about to say 'thank you', the guys came walking in and taking a seat at the table.

         "Damn, this girl can cook." One of my guys says.

         After we say a prayer and then start to eat, I notice her putting things away that she used.

         As we begin eating, one of my other guys says, "Damn girl, this is good! Are you single?" He was serious too. Though he didn't really know she was mine. But still, he needed to watch it.

        So to send him a message, I just stomped onto his foot underneath the table really hard.

        "OW!" He replies while looking at me and seeing me scowl, to indicate for him not to do it again.

         He then puts his hands up in surrender and then goes back to eating. As does everybody else after me scowling at them to mind their own damn business and to continue eating.

          That's right guys, that's MINE!!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)