CHAPTER 23: I Can't, I'm Sorry!!

CAM

        After I had defeated Damien and killed him, I quickly looked over towards where I saw Damien throw Kristy. Which is what caused me to get up and jump onto him and kill him.

          I was so happy to see her again, though as soon as I ran over to her side, she was passed out. She had blood all over, including her stomach.

          I right away, along with everyone else, including her too, had turned into our human forms.

          I then picked her up and carried her bridal style towards the car. Where as soon as we got in, I had Will hurry up and drive us to the hospital.

          "Please baby, stay with me. I can't lose you. I love you. We're supposed to grow old together and have kids." I start to cry.

*****************************************

         We got to the hospital in perfect time. And after she was admitted and went under a surgery for her claw marks and other wounds, they had to give her a blood transfusion.

         Then after taking her to a room, the doctor walked out to talk with me.

         "How is she? How's the baby?" I asked.

         "I'm sorry, but the baby didn't make it." The doctor said.

          I start to feel sick in my stomach. "And what about Kristy?" I asked, afraid of what he might say.

         The doctor takes in a breath and let's it out before answering.

          "She's gonna be fine. But, she has suffered from severe head trauma to where she may have temporary memory loss."

          "What? Do you mean she won't remember a few things or....?" I begin.

          "She won't remember anything. At least not for a few months to a year at the most." He says.

           "Will she remember me?" I ask while trying not to cry.

           "I'm sorry. But, don't worry, she will. Just need to give her some time." The doctor tells me before walking away.

          I suddenly feel my knees get weak and then the next thing I know, I drop to my knees and start crying harder than I ever have.

          I feel someone help stand me up and walks me over to a chair. As soon as I take a seat, I see that it's Will.

          "I can't believe this. This is all my fault. I let our baby die. And I got my Luna hurt." I began.

          "It's not your fault. And besides, the doctor said her memory will return. We just gotta keep reminding her and staying by her side and help her to remember." Will tells me.

           "But what if her memory never comes back?" I ask him.

           "Then we'll deal with it. But trust me, she'll come back to you. The moon goddess isn't wrong. Remember that." He tells me.

           "I just can't believe this. I mean, the moon goddess had to have seen this coming. I have never loved anybody more than her. And I got her almost fucking killed. I don't know if I can see her. I don't know if I can face her after all that's happened." I begin to say.

           "You can't just leave her. She loves you and though it's going to be tough at first. I know that with all of us, including you, she will remember. But you can't just assume she will never recover. She is your mate. You don't just give up on someone you love. Trust me man, you both will go back to how it used to be. Be patient." Will says to me.

           I nod my head in agreement a lite bit. "You're right." I say.

           Then the doctor comes out again to let us know that we can go into the room now to see her.

           I was scared and nervous. But I kept remembering what Will had told me and I opened the door and slowly walked inside and stopped as I saw her sleeping in the bed. Looking so peaceful. Minus the bruises and scratches and all the scars she will have, because of me.

          When I sat in a chair next to her, I took her hand and placed my lips to it and kissed the top of her hand. Then I got back up, leaned down to kiss her forehead, then looked down at her stomach and started remembering how she lost the baby.

          I sat back down in the chair as I began crying more and crying out, 'sorry' and that I loved her.

          Then after emotionally draining myself from all the crying, Will, Cynthia and my parents came walking in.

         I didn't want to see anybody or talk to anyone. I was ashamed of myself. I felt like a failure. I'm not a good alpha. I know also, now, that I won't be a good Alpha to ever lead the Council. I couldn't protect my mate even. So then how could I possibly protect others?

         I had to leave. I couldn't take it. Suddenly the weight and heaviness in my heart began to get heavier and heavier as I knew everyone was looking at her. Seeing what I did.

        So like a coward, I got up and ran passed everybody. Without talking to them or looking at them.

         I could hear Will and the others one by one try and run after me and call out my name to stop me. But I left. I knew they would take care of her. Maybe I'll come back, though I don't if I will or even if  I do, when.

          I have never been this depressed or felt this much pain before. I don't know, should I live? Or should I do her a favor and cause her no more pain and just leave her for good and then hopefully she wont remember us and the pain I put her through. I will always love her. She will always be, My Luna.

                      THE END!!......Or is it?