Chapter Twenty

Zara's POV

'You're damn lucky, you know that?!' Maryam asks me, smirking. It is Saturday morning, and Zaid will be picking me up at 12pm. He estimated that we will reach London at 3pm if we get onto the road at midday. The meeting is at 5pm, later this evening.

Maryam is helping me pack my overnight bag. I roll my eyes. "How am I lucky?" I ask.

She turns to stare at me, raising an eyebrow. 'You're seriously asking me that?! You're going to London with Zaid, alone! You lucky cow!'

I laugh. "Yes, I'm going to accompany him to the meetings! We're not going for fun." I check that I have all my essentials in my purse, such as my wallet, phone, phone charger, laptop and a few makeup essentials.

'Zara, admit it that you'll have fun even in the meetings. If I was in the same place as Zaid, I would never get bored from staring at his face. He's so handsome.' She says dreamily.

I chuckle. "I guess he is, if you like that type of guy," I mumble.

'If you like...the handsome type? The hot type?' She raises an eyebrow at me again.

"Fine. I'll admit he's nice looking, but he's my boss. We're going for business. Now let me phone Hafsa for a second, can you please finish my packing?" I ask her. All I need is a pair of pyjamas, an outfit for today's meeting and an outfit for tomorrow. Maryam smirks and nods. She looks excited for some reason. Crazy.

I grab my purse and take out my phone. It is now 11am. Maryam and my parents will be heading to Manchester to Uncle Abdullah's house shortly after I leave. I ring Hafsa, she answers on the second ring.

'Hi, babe! Have you headed out?' Hafsa asks me. She's on her way to the fashion show with her Aunty. I know she'll have a lot of fun there.

"Not yet, Hafsa. I miss you! I haven't seen you since Tuesday, sweetie. It would be so much better if you were coming with us too!" I say to her.

I hear her chuckle. 'I'm so sorry, babe. Next time! Have fun with bhai, I hope he's not too annoying! Honestly, I hope you cope with him.'

I laugh. "I will, Hafsa. You have fun, I'll call you later. I need to get changed."

'Okay, Zara. Take care!'

"Take care, Hafsa sweetie. Bye!" I say, smiling.

'Bye!"

I lock my phone and throw it back into my purse. I head downstairs to the living room, where Mum is sitting. She's changed her clothes, and is now wearing a beautiful green shalwar kameez suit.

"Mum, you look beautiful!" I say, hugging her.

She smiles, hugging me back. 'You haven't changed yet? Zaid will be here soon, Zara! Go and get changed quickly!' She says, ushering me back to my bedroom. I laugh and go to get changed.

I change into a warm maroon top and pair it with black skinny jeans. I apply some light makeup, and put my hair up into a messy bun. The car journey to London will be three hours long, so I need to make sure that I'm comfortable. I slip on a pair of maroon velvet ankle boots matching the outfit I'm wearing, and wear my black coat which reaches my knees.