Chapter Fifty-One

Zara's POV

'Don't tell me this girl is still asleep! Today is her bridal shower, and she's fast asleep?! It's over 10am!' I hear Mums voice in the distance, but I don't hear what she's saying. I'm too tired, I just want to sleep.

Just then, I hear my bedroom door burst open. "Zara! Wake up! Today is the day of your bridal shower! Don't you want to get ready for it?!" Ayesha shouts, chuckling, sitting down next to me on my bed. Another person yanks the bedcovers off me, making me groan.

'Let me sleep,' I mumble, grabbing a cushion from beside me and hugging it to myself.

"Zara, we've been trying to wake you up since the last hour! I think we're gonna have to cancel your salon booking today, and also, we won't show you your beautiful dress. Actually, we will have to cancel the bridal shower," I hear Layla say, her voice teasing.

My eyes fly open and I jump up, finding myself sitting in the centre of the girls who are all surrounding me. "My bridal shower is today," I whisper, my eyes widening in shock. I can't believe it. My wedding functions have started today, and they've come so soon. I'm so excited! But nervous, too. I'm more excited, though. Definitely.

'Really, babe? Get up! I'm here already, as I'm on the bride and groom's side. Zara, get out of bed and go shower quickly. Look at the state of your hair! That's gonna take forever to sort out!' Hafsa says, rolling her eyes. Then she adds, 'Zaid bhai woke up at 6am today. He's more excited for your bridal party than you are. Even though he can't come to it.'

I blush, pulling myself out of bed. Zaid is excited for my bridal party, which is the first function of our wedding, just over two weeks before the wedding day. I can't believe only this much time is left for the day. Whenever I realise how little time is left, I start to feel so many different emotions.

I glance at myself in my floor-length mirror and frown. I look like a mess. And my hair looks like a birds' nest. It's all badly tangled up. Just how weirdly did I sleep last night, to get my hair into such a mess? It's gonna take forever to sort out.

'I'll go and take a shower then,' I say, but Ayesha stops me, hugging me gently.

"Have breakfast, and then take a shower. Maryam and Aunty are bringing you your breakfast now."

I nod, smiling. Breakfast in bed. I'm a very lucky girl today, and I feel so special. All these girls are here to care for me and pamper me today. Actually, ever since we've returned from Pakistan, all my lovely friends and cousins have been pampering me as much as they can. And what can I say about my parents? They no longer let me do any chores around the house. Everything that I want or need, I get straight away, without even asking.

I have a feeling that today will be an amazing day, filled with fun.

Mum brings breakfast for me and all the girls. We all eat in my room. None of the girls had breakfast yet, as they were waiting for me to wake up. They're too sweet. And now I feel kind of guilty, because I woke up so late.

I eat breakfast as quickly as I can, chatting with the girls continuously. I then drink a large glass of my favourite freshly squeezed orange juice.

'Coffee?' Habiba asks me, smiling. She has just put Fatima to sleep.

"No, thanks. I won't be needing it today, I'm suddenly feeling so wide awake," I say, chuckling, a blush forming on my cheeks.

The girls giggle, teasing me. 'Well, of course you're wide awake now! It's your bridal shower today, babe! We know you must be missing Zaid, but there are just over two weeks left until the wedding day. So, don't worry! You'll be with him very soon! You'll spend your entire life with him, so spend a little time with us for the time being!' Layla says, winking at me.