Chapter Thirty-Nine

Zara's POV

'Hi, baby! Did you miss me?' He asks in a whisper, his voice husky and cool. My arms and entire body is covered in goosebumps at the sound of his voice. The voice I once used to love.

This can't be happening. He can't be here right now. Zaid was supposed to be coming, not Hamza! Where's Zaid? Why isn't he here yet? It's been over an hour.

I am unable to speak at first. I stand staring at him in shock for what feels like several minutes, until I find my voice. I can't believe my eyes. "W-what are you doing here?" I mutter, terrified. The words tumble out barely unrecognisable.

He smirks, trailing his gaze down my body. I step back, trying to cover my body as much as I can with my arms and hair. I don't want him to look at me like this. It feels disgusting. I start trembling. This seems to make him even happier.                                       

'I'm here for you, Zara! I'm back, for good! I missed you so much, darling!' He says, smiling. I used to fall for his crooked smile, for his laughter. Now, his sight disgusts me. I want him to go away, to leave me alone and never show his face again. I want him to get out of my life, to let me live in peace. I know I'm asking for too much, though. This is Hamza, and he does what he wants. He doesn't care about anyone else. Not even his own parents.

What does he want from me now? Why is he here?

Did he know that I'm alone at home today?

Of course he knew. He knows everything. I feel terrified at the thought of why he has come to me when I'm all alone. He's up to something, and it's nothing good. I can tell that much by the haunting dark look in his eyes.

"Please leave," I croak out, my voice hoarse and shaky. I clear my throat to make my voice sound less nervous and afraid. I am afraid, though. I've never been more afraid in my entire life.

'I'm not here to leave, baby. I'm here for you! Won't you let me in?' He asks with a smirk.

I shake my head, staring at his face. His eyes hold a cold but unrecognisable expression. There is something else in his eyes, too. Something which I saw once before, too.

Lust.

I swallow, hard. "No. I'm sorry. You should leave. Please." I say, staring into his emotionless, deep brown eyes.

He smiles evilly. 'Zara, baby. I'm meeting you after so long! It feels like it's been years!' He says, his eyes travelling over my body again.

I can't speak. I'm in shock. How is he here? And more importantly, why is he here?

What does he want from me?

'You look gorgeous, baby! Hot...' His eyes land on my chest. What a creep?! The dress I'm wearing is not too tight, but he is still staring like...like I'm a piece of meat or something. I feel disgusted with him staring at me like that.

I break out of my trance and rush to the door, pushing it close. But he is faster and stronger. He stops the door from slamming shut on his face by placing a strong, firm hand on the door. The muscles in his arm flex with the movement.

"Leave. Please go," I mutter, staring into his deep, cold eyes. They hold no emotion except one. Lust.

'I will, baby. I will, after you give me something,' he looks at me with lustful eyes.

I know exactly why he's here. His gaze on me, on my body, tells me why. I feel disgusted, and terrified. I can't let this happen again. Last time, that amazing guy saved me at the last minute. This time, we are not at a crowded party. This time we are completely alone. There is no one to save me today.