Chapter Thirty-Seven

Zara's POV

I have difficulty falling asleep that night. I can't stop thinking about how worried Zaid was earlier. Why did he keep saying that he feels as though something wrong will happen? He kept asking me not to leave him. Why? He knows that I'll never leave him. It isn't possible for me to leave the guy I am so deeply in love with.

Remembering how afraid and worried he was earlier, makes me feel tense. It scares me. Zaid is never scared, like ever. If he's afraid, then it's serious. I kept reassuring him that I'm right here, that I'm not going anywhere, but he wouldn't listen. What is this bad feeling he has? I can't do anything to push this feeling out of his mind. I hope he's feeling alright now.

I'm not, though. I feel afraid, so afraid. Zaid is scared, for me. He is scared to lose me. And that frightens me so much. I am slowly also getting the feeling that he is right, that something bad will happen very soon.

I keep tossing and turning. I can't fall asleep, no matter how hard I try. It's now 2am, and I am still wide awake. I wonder if Zaid is asleep now. He must be asleep. Why wouldn't he be? He's not crazy like me. I want to go to Maryam's room and sleep next to her. I don't want to be alone right now, but I don't want to disturb my sister. She has college in the morning, and she usually wakes up earlier than I do.

I try several things to help me fall asleep. I even try to count sheep in my mind, but nothing works.

It's definitely over 4am when I somehow do manage to fall asleep. As scared as I was when falling asleep, I still manage to dream about the one and only person who appears in my dreams (and my daydreams) all of these days. Zaid.

Saying that my dream is crazy, is an understatement.

I'm wearing a fully-embroidered, extremely heavy maroon lehenga (wedding dress), with matching sandals, bangles and jewellery. It's my wedding day. Well, the day has nearly come to an end now.

It's my wedding night.

I can't walk properly wearing this dress, it's too heavy. Hafsa, Ayesha and Maryam lead me to Zaid's bedroom. My gaze is fixed to the floor, I'm too nervous to look up. I can't believe it. It seems like a dream. Too good to be true.

"Zara, Zaid bhai will go crazy when he sees you. I know he saw you before, too, but now it will be alone. It's your first night with him. How are you feeling?" Hafsa asks me, grinning.

I blush hard at her question. 'I feel like I'm dreaming. Is this real?' I answer, breathlessly.

Ayesha nods, smiling at me. "It's real, babe. You're married to Zaid. And he will be coming up just in a few minutes!" I bite my lip, trying to fight back my smile. I'm shaking. I'm so nervous. I've never been so nervous in my entire life.

The girls lead me down the ever-so-familiar corridor, and open the door of Zaid's..or may I say our, bedroom. My breath catches in my throat as I notice my surroundings. I step into the room, carefully. I'm awestruck. The room has transformed, completely. It is absolutely beautiful. The room is lined with small candles, it is dimly lit, and there are rose petals decorating the room perfectly. I notice that the candles are lining my walkway, too. I can't believe that this is actually happening. I'm in Zaid's bedroom, for the first time after our marriage. On our wedding night. The room looks magnificent, magical. When I see the bed decorations, I blush deep scarlet. Everything is so perfect. Just as I had always imagined. Even better.

'Zaid bhai decorated this room himself. What do you think?' Hafsa asks, smiling at my expression.

I turn to her, my eyes widening. "It's beautiful. Perfect."