Chapter Fifty-Nine

Zara's POV

My strong, painful cramps wake me up a few hours later. I'm so comfortable, and I don't want to get up, but my stomach hurts so much. Before I open my eyes, I feel something heavy on my upper stomach. Zaid's arm.

I slowly turn to face him, and I blush furiously. His face is buried under my neck, and his arm is holding me close. My left leg is on him, bringing us even closer.

How did we get into that position? I bite my lip, trying to contain my giggles.

God, he looks so handsome. My fingers itch to move the thick strand of hair back from his forehead, but I don't want to wake him up. He must have been so tired last night.

Last night...

Last night was the most beautiful night of my life. It was our first night together, and it was honestly perfect. Even though my stupid periods interfere with everything, last night was still perfect.

I remember the way Zaid spoke nervously when he entered the room.

I remember when he gave me my wedding gift, the beautiful locket which is placed around my neck. I touch it gently, smiling. It will always be my most prized, my most special possession.

I remember when I told Zaid to take a picture of me, and he took one of the two of us in which he kissed me on my cheek. That's such a beautiful picture.

I remember when Zaid helped me to remove all the pins from my hair, and then my jewellery. Which took a very long time, by the way.

I remember when I came back into the bedroom wearing this flimsy nightgown. Which Zaid seemed to absolutely love.

And then, I remember my annoyance at him, for not kissing me.

And finally, I remember our kisses. Recalling them has my heart beating at a frantic rate again. I close my eyes, but can't forget the memory of our first kiss. I know that I won't ever forget it. I don't want to forget it. The urgency, the passion, but the gentleness.. it was perfect.

I turn to face Zaid again and see that he has a small smile on his lips. He looks so handsome even while sleeping. I take my hand forward and gently move the strand of hair back from his forehead. His thick brown hair feels so soft under my fingertips.

I very gently pull at his hair, loving the feel of it. Zaid tenses for a moment, and I think that he's woken up, but he just pulls me closer to himself, burying his face in the crook of my neck. I smile, holding him close for a few seconds.

I feel so safe and so comfortable in his arms. I don't want to be anywhere else. This is my favourite place in the world, and I want to stay right here, but I need to get up. I need to use the bathroom, and then take another ibuprofen.

Very slowly, I creep out of bed and glance towards Zaid's sleeping form on the bed. He's devilishly handsome, and he's all mine.

I quickly use the bathroom and go back into our room, when I see Zaid sitting up in bed. I give him a small, shy smile.

'Zara, are you okay love?' He asks, softly.

I go back to the bed and sit on the edge, pouring myself a glass of water. "Yeah, I j-just had a bit of a stomach ache. Stupid cramps. I'll be fine, though."

He gets out of bed and comes to my side, taking a seat next to me. He runs a hand through his hair, giving me a concerned look. 'Is there anything you need? Anything that helps with the pain?'

I glance at the clock on the bedroom wall. It's 5am. Time for prayer, but I can't pray right now. "Do you have a hot water bottle?"

He nods, smiling gently. 'Yes, it's downstairs. I'll ask Mum where it is, she must be awake for prayer now, too. I'll get it for you, and then I'll pray.'