Chapter Fifty-Four

Zara's POV

The next morning, I spend time with my family, before getting ready to go to the salon to get ready for my mehndi function. My appointment is for 3:30pm, and all the girls and Maryam will be accompanying me. My friends and cousins will also be getting their makeup done today, from the other makeup artists at the salon. The owner, the lovely young girl who did my engagement, bridal party and haldi makeup will be doing my makeup today and also for my wedding and walima (reception).

We all set off at around 2:45pm as it takes at least half an hour to reach the salon, and there's usually traffic at this time. We reach at 3:25pm. Dad, Ali and Rayyan tell us that they will arrive at 6:30pm to pick us up and take us to the venue.

The girls help me to take my dress and accessories into the salon. They're wearing the most beautiful outfits themselves. My friends and Maryam are wearing matching orange kameez pajama suits with a small amount of embroidery, which are absolutely stunning. My female cousins are wearing matching green kameez pajama suits which are of a similar design to those which my friends are wearing.

The girls get started with their makeup, and I change into a gown and am told to go into the bridal room, where all the brides get ready. The young makeup artist, Aliya, gets started on my base after greeting me excitedly.

'Zara! I can't believe it's your mehndi function today! And your wedding the day after tomorrow! I'm so happy for you, sweetie! You'll make the most beautiful bride!' She says, smiling widely at me.

I chuckle, thanking her. "I can't believe it either, it's come so soon! Thank you so much! I have no doubt about that, as you're doing my makeup!"

'I honestly feel so lucky, to be doing your makeup. I mean, you will be the wife of Zaid Malik! And you're the sweetest girl! He's a lucky guy!'

I blush, shaking my head. "You're too sweet, and I'm the lucky one! He's an amazing guy." He really is. He's the best.

She grins, throwing me a wink. 'The whole city knows that you completely changed him. He's crazy for you! And I can see why!'

I laugh. "He changed me, too." He definitely did. He made me believe in love again. He made me trust again.

My base is perfect half an hour later. She then starts on my eye makeup, matching it to my dress. Another hour later, my makeup is complete and I'm in love with it.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror and let out a small gasp. 'It's perfect. I love it so much!'

She beams.

I love my makeup, and I know that it will look beautiful with my dress. My base is perfect, and my contouring and highlight really bring out my best features. Aliya has given me a glittery gold eye, matching the embroidery on my dress. The gold and glitter on my eyelids really brings out the brown of my eyes, making them look larger and more beautiful. She's given me a winged liner, which suits my eye shape. My lips are painted a deep pink colour.

It's perfect.

I thank Aliya over and over again, telling her how much I love the makeup look.

"I'm glad you like it, sweetie! I can't wait to do your wedding and walima makeup!"

'I can't wait either! I'm so excited now!' She grins at my excitement, giving me a small hug.

I'm then told to go and change into my dress, before my hairstyling.

Most of the girls are done with their makeup, and they look absolutely stunning. Layla helps me change into my dress, and it takes a while because the dress is so huge.