Chapter Twenty-Nine

Zara's POV

"Come to bed with me."

Did I seriously just say that to Zaid?! I can't believe how crazy I am! I've never felt so mortified before in my entire life. Yes; not even when I spilt the coffee on him on my first day at work. And not even when I asked him for a kiss! Why is it that I always manage to embarrass myself when I'm with Zaid?! I'm not this clumsy and stupid with anyone else!

Hafsa bursts into a coughing fit as soon as I say that, and I know that Zaid smirks. I can't see him, because the power has gone off, but I just know it. I feel an arm slip around my waist, and I tense. Idiot. I elbow Zaid's side, but he doesn't budge.

'If you wanted that, Zara, you could have just said. It would be my pleasure,' he murmurs huskily.

"Guys! I'm still here! Zaid bhai, you're crazy! And Zara, what did you just say, babe?!" Hafsa asks, shocked. She can't be as shocked as I am, though.

'I-I didn't mean that. Zaid, you're crazy! Hafsa, I didn't mean that,' I mutter, embarrassed. I can't believe how stupid and crazy I am! I'm so glad that the lights are all off right now, because my cheeks are deep scarlet. Zaid tightens his grip slightly around my waist, I elbow him. But, of course, he doesn't budge. The idiot.

"Zara, you surprised me too! I know I'm unbelievably good-looking, charming and hot, but I can't believe you told me to come to bed with you," he whispers. Hafsa again says something, which I don't hear. I'm too busy elbowing Zaid, and blushing even harder. I know that he won't ever let me forget this.

'I didn't mean that! I meant, can you sleep in the same room as me and Hafsa, please?' I clarify myself, gaining a chuckle from Zaid.

"Yeah, I agree with Zara. Please, Zaid bhai. I feel scared too, please stay in the same room as us," Hafsa says.

'Oh, sure that's what you meant! But okay. Which room?' He's agreed? I don't know why I suddenly feel excited.

We decide to sleep in Zaid's room, as it is the largest in the apartment. Zaid leads us to his room. I haven't been in here in so long. I can't see a thing, because of the power cut, but as soon as I walk into this room, I start to feel nervous. It's not a bad nervousness, though. Just the thought that I will be sleeping in Zaid's room tonight makes me slightly nervous but also excited at the same time.

Zaid turns on the torchlight of his phone, so we can see the room. Just as I thought. His bedroom is sleek, simple and sophisticated. Right in the middle of the room, there is a huge bed which is much larger than king-sized, and it has white pillows and bedsheets. On the wall opposite the bed, there is a TV larger than any I've ever seen before (and yes, that includes also in shops). Zaid's bedroom holds a sense of masculinity and luxury. All the furniture, bedding, flooring and every item in the room is black or white. I love it, but I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight.

I'll definitely be up all night, thinking about Zaid sleeping in this bed the previous night.

Just as we have walked into the bedroom, there is first a luxurious seating area on our left, with black leather sofas and armchairs. We walk further into the room, and I hear Zaid close the door from behind me. I almost forgot that Hafsa is here, too. She goes and lays down on one side of the bed, the side furthest away from us. The side which leads to the balcony. I hesitantly walk to the other side of the bed, and sit down. It's definitely comfortable.

'I'll be sleeping right here, on this couch,' Zaid tells us. He walks over to the couch, which is very near to the bed, but is in an L-shape to the bed. There is a small bedside table in between the bed and the couch. And yes, Zaid is on the side closest to me. This makes me feel even more nervous.