Chapter Forty-Nine

Zara's POV

We set out the next day, early in the morning, to go wedding shopping. All my cousins and aunts accompany me, Maryam, Mum, Hafsa and Aunty. We don't let Zaid go with us, because I will allow him to see my wedding shopping only after the wedding. He has asked to see pictures of my wedding dress many times, but I won't show it to him. He will see it on the day of our wedding. The girls can't stop teasing me, they don't waste a single opportunity.

We visit most of the malls in Islamabad, and our trip is very productive, as Mum and Aunty buy me lots and lots of lovely things, ranging from clothes, shoes, jewellery, accessories, handbags, makeup and much more. I have no idea how we're going to fit all of these things into our suitcases, to take back to England. I keep reminding Mum and Aunty that they've already each bought me a new closet, and that we need to keep in mind the weight restrictions of the flight back to England, but who can stop them from shopping?

"Zara, this is nothing dear! We will buy so much more yet!" Aunty says, excitedly.

I chuckle. 'Aunty, this is crazy! You've already bought me over 50 dresses, and I know that Zaid has bought many, too! How am I gonna wear all these?!'

She smiles, kissing me on the forehead. "Zaid has bought much more than I have, dear. You're getting married, please let us buy as many lovely things for you as we want," she says, laughing.

'Exactly! You can't stop us from buying you more things! This is nothing yet!' Mum says, grinning at Aunty.

I shake my head, chuckling. I guess all this comes with marrying the CEO of The Malik Enterprises.

We finish shopping at around 6pm that evening, and I literally drag Aunty and Mum out of another designer store. "We can come again in a few days, I'm hungry! Let's go and get food," I say, making them laugh.

'I'm hungry too!' Hafsa says, pouting.

So, we decide to go to a nearby restaurant for dinner. The food is delicious, we buy many of my favourite Pakistani dishes. I'm absolutely full by the time we've finished eating.

'I'm not gonna fit into my wedding dress!' I say, worriedly. Mum especially has been getting me to eat as much as I can, and making all my favourite foods, and it will definitely cause me to gain some weight.

Everyone laughs, shaking their heads. "Zara, you will fit into your dress, don't worry!" Habiba says, chuckling at me.

Hafsa nods, smirking. 'You'll fit into your dress perfectly, babe. Bhai will go crazy seeing you on your wedding day,' she says loudly, making me smack her on the arm and blush profusely. What can I do about this girl?

The girls continue to tease me, with Aunty and Mum joining in too. I can't believe them.

********

It's over 8pm when we get home that evening. I go straight upstairs to the room I'm staying in, and change into more comfy clothes. I remove most of my makeup, before heading back downstairs.

I'm greeted by the most adorable sight when I enter the living room. Zaid is sitting on one of the large beige sofas opposite the TV, and Fatima is sitting on his lap, facing towards him. She's whispering to him, and has both of her chubby little hands on Zaid's cheeks. I chuckle, causing Zaid to look in my direction. He grins when he sees me.

Where is everyone? I thought everyone would be sitting in this room, which is why I came in here. The only two people besides Zaid and Fatima in this room, are Habiba and Hafsa, who are whispering to each other and have mischievous smiles on their faces. Who knows what they're up to now? It can't be anything good, though, that's for sure.