Chapter Forty-Five

Zara's POV

It wasn't a dream. It was all real. Yesterday was real. When I woke up this morning, I felt as if I had dreamt it all. The proposal, Zaid's love confession, everything. But then I saw the beautiful ring sitting on my ring finger, and all the events of yesterday came back to me.

Yesterday had been absolutely perfect. It had definitely been the best day of my life, and I can honestly say that I've never felt so happy before. I get out of bed with a huge grin on my face, and also a constant blush. I'm glad I'm alone right now, because I'm blushing like crazy. If Zaid could see me right now, he wouldn't stop making fun of me. He wouldn't stop smirking. I check my phone and reply to the cutest ever 'good morning' text from Zaid.

I take a quick shower and then change into a flowery light blue maxi dress. It's actually quite warm today, so I'm wearing a pretty summer dress. I dry my hair and brush through it, removing any tangles. I then decide to put it up into a messy bun. I moisturise my face and apply a touch of lip balm, before heading downstairs.

I walk into the kitchen and smile when I see that Mum is preparing breakfast. She hears my footsteps and turns around, a huge smile on her face.

'Good morning, Zara! How are you feeling this morning?' She asks me, her voice bright and bubbly.

"Morning, Mum. I'm fine! You?" I help myself to a glass of my favourite freshly squeezed orange juice, before taking a seat on the kitchen counter.

'Only fine?!' Mum asks, smirking.

I blush, looking at the ring on my finger. I shrug, making Mum erupt in a fit of crazy laughter. She's definitely gone crazy.

"My daughter will be getting married soon! I can't believe it!" She says, excitedly.

My cheeks redden even more. 'I just got engaged, Mum. I'm not getting married soon. I mean, I don't know when I'm getting married.'

She raises an eyebrow, smiling. "Soon, Zara, very soon. Sooner than you may be expecting. You tell me, when do you want to get married? What do you think is a good time for the marriage?"

I shrug, blushing. 'I don't know! That's up to you, Dad, and Hafsa's parents.'

She smirks. "I was actually on the phone to Zainab (Hafsa & Zaid's Mum) five minutes before you came downstairs. They had been talking about the wedding, and when it should be. She said that the whole family cannot wait for you to come into their home and become a part of their family. And...they are wanting the wedding sooner than you may expect."

'Oh.' I blush, staring at my hands. Then I add, 'When do they want the wedding?'

She smiles excitedly. "August. Start of August."

My eyes widen in shock. 'Wait..next August, right? Next year?'

She shakes her head, biting her lip to control her laughter. "This August. Today is May 30th. You're kidding, right?"

Zaid. That idiot.

Are they being serious, though?

"Zaid's parents have suggested the first weekend of August," I hear Dad's voice. He walks into the kitchen, a small smile on his face. My eyes widen even more.

'That's not even two and a half months away! It's...nine weeks away! Mum, Dad, that's crazy!' I argue, not being able to contain my shock.

"We agreed that it's a good time for the wedding. If the beginning of August is confirmed, if the dates are confirmed, then Zara, we will be going to Pakistan very soon," Dad says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.