Chapter 16 - The Masquerade

Hey awesome people! :D There's a song to the side>>

it's called Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran.

Play it at a certain part, when I tell you to.. ;)

Chap. 16

Finally, it was Friday. which meant that the dance was tonight. I was so excited and so was everyone, I mean, it wasn't every day that your school held a masquerade, right?

I made my way through the corridors as I headed to my locker. people were everywhere, chatting and talking about everything. I could hear some popular girl gushing about the dress she got and others praising her and her style, some others bloating about going with a hot guy, the typical highschool scene that happens before every dance.

we were out of school early today, so that everyone had time to get ready.

I sighed as I opened my locker and threw everything I didn't need there. I took the stuff I needed for my homework in my backpack then turned around to bump into a tall figure.

well, a tall person.

I stumbled backwards before I steadied myslef then looked up to see who it was. the color was drained off my face when I saw him.

"What do you want?" I asked in an irritated tone. he knew pretty well that he was the last person I wanted to see.

"Samantha, we need to talk. just please listen to me." he pleaded.

"there's nothing to talk about, James. we're over." I said flatly and turned to leave but he grabbed my hand.

"Just listen to me or once. and after this, you decide if you want me out of your life or not. and I'll respect it." he said seriously. I sighed in defeat then nodded. there was no use in continuing to avoid him. this had to happen at some point.

"alright." I said then we headed outside.

we sat on a bench in the park near the school. he stayed silentfor a while and so did I. all I did was stare at the scenes around me when he finally spoke.

"Look, about what happened with Megan I-" He started but I cut him off. that was the last thing I wanted to talk about.

"that's in the past, James. I was so stupid back then. but don't you dare think you can fool me again." I said sharply as I started to get up but he pulled me down again.

"Just listen to me now, will you?" he pleade and I nodded for him to go on.

"that night," he started. "as you remember, I came over at your house. I wanted to surprise you for our three months anniversary. Megan was at your house then, you know the details..." he trailed off and let out a sigh. 

after two more seconds he continued. "when you left to get some snacks from the kitchen, she just threw herself at me out of the blue. like literally straddled me without anything. she kept on saying stuff about how I didn't need you and that I had her. I tried to fight her back but, the second she heared you coming, she just glued her face to mine. I was pretty shocked to even do anything. all I wanted to do was run after you... but I never did." he said as he held his face in his hands now.

I sat there completely shocked. I remembered that day like the back of my hand. I remembered how megan pulled away from him and smirked at me victoriously. I remembered how my heart was broken when I was just fifteen years old. I remember how I ran outside and blacked out that night in the streets. I remembered how some random strangers found me and took me to a hospital.