Chapter 31 - That felt like a freaking nuclear bomb!

Chap. 31

Unknown's P.O.V

I knew I didn't want to do this. I didn't want to kill Samantha. After I knew about all she was going through, I didn't want to do this.

But I had no choice. I knew that if I wanted to protect my family, I had to do this. Sam may be innocent and she for sure didn't deserve any of this. But if I wanted for me and my family to stay alive, I had to do this.

I tried my best to think of a way to not do this, and I had made a plan with my partner. We were going to notify the police about our boss and all of this murderous horror chapter of my life would end. I even sent a text for Samantha to warn her about all of this. Saying that her life was in danger. I just hoped that she would take it seriously.

But then, all my plans had gone down the toilet when my boss gave me the latest news of this mission. He had called me and my partner- who was shocked herself when she heard the news- to tell us how and when we were going to proceed in this.

He was going to try and get about ten people, including me and my partner in the mission, to murder Samantha Walters during the trip to Colorado in two days.

I knew very well that this wouldn't end good. It was for sure that Samantha was going to this trip. I knew her like the back of my hand. She was a winter person and with all the stress of her mother's sickness, she wouldn't miss such a chance.

I decided to ask her if she was even going to that trip when I see her. A weak false hope that she wasn't going flashed through me. I really hoped she wasn't going.

I really had to come up with a fast plan, but my brain was frozen. I knew that if she stayed alive, it would be a miracle. I felt my chest tightening when I saw her walking through the school's hallway, probably heading towards her locker.

She looked like she was sleeping poorly and she didn't even care that she came to school in flip flops. I loved her but I couldn't even make her better. I was the one whose mission was to kill her.

I didn't want to add more misery to her life. I had the urge to go and yell at her, tell her that they were planning on ending her life, and that I was a murderer. That she still talked to me while I had people's blood on my hands. But I knew that it would be useless. I was being monitored and if I ever told her anything, both of us would be dead.

I started to walk towards where she had stopped by her locker and I could see her throwing some things inside it carelessly.

As far as I knew, and if this didn't stop at the right time, Samantha Walters was destined to die pretty soon. And only a miracle would be able to save her.

~♥~

Samantha's P.O.V

I made my way towards my locker as I swarmed through the crowds in the hallway.There were about 10 minutes until the first period so everyone was practically running in every direction as if there were sales in a department store.

When I finally reached my locker, I threw a few things into it carelessly before I took out the things I needed for English class. I turned around to almost run into a brick wall.

Well, a brick someone.

I looked up to apologize to whoever that guy was. But anger and hatred were seeping through my veins as soon as I saw his face.

"Hey, are you going to the trip?" He asked with a smile.

"A fake ass ugly unfriendly smile,"  I couldn't help but yell in my head.

The blank expression that was on my face turned immediately into a scowl. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes as I pushed past him and walked away quickly.

I needed to get away from him or I would commit murder, I swear. Jason Parker didn't know that I knew anything about his dirty little game. And I wasn't ready to face him just yet.

"Hey! wait, what's wrong?" I could hear his voice behind me and I took longer strides, trying to get lost in the crowd.

A few minutes later, I could no longer hear his voice or see him. I sighed in relief, knowing that I had lost him in the crowd. I was for sure going to torture him, and I was going to make him regret ever taking my trust for granted. But I also knew that it wasn't time yet.

"Hey," I heard someone say as a hand touched my shoulder and I flinched immediately. I turned around quickly, preparing myself to hit Jason in the face with my book.

Only it wasn't Jason.

"Hey James, how are you?" I greeted him with a smile. Jason had me fuming, yes. But it wasn't James' fault. I wouldn't take my anger out on him.

"I'm fine, what about you? How is your mom?" He asked as he smiled back. Although he turned out to never cheat on me, I didn't regret breaking up with James. He was a good guy and all. Only he didn't deserve me. I knew that what we had was real, only it wasn't the kind that would last.

"As cheesy as that may sound, I did believe the story he told me that day of Megan throwing herself at him. It wasn't that I believed every cliche story anyone gave me, no. It was that this sounded like something Megan would do. She was my best friend at some point and I knew her better than anyone.

"She's doing fine... I hope." I said the last part with a weak smile.  James smiled at me sympathetically.

"Anyway, are you going to the trip?" He asked with a grin.

"Of course, it would be awesome, you know how I love the winter atmosphere, especially in this time of the year," I said enthusiastically. To be honest, ever since Oliver told me about this trip, I was excited to go. I have never gone to Colorado, but I heard the mountains there were overwhelming.

James smiled at me weakly, "I hope you have a nice time, I'd be there too, so, see you?" He said as he looked at his watch. As if on cue, the bell rang.

"Yeah, sure, I'm going to  my class now. See you around," I said as I waved at him before I started walking away.