Chapter 21 - Besides our screwed up love lives.

Dedicated to @Nayomina for the amazing Trailer at the side :D >>

_________________________________________________________

Chap. 21

When I was back in the hospital's building, my mom wasn't out of the emergency room yet.

I was sitting on a chair staring into the empty space. I didn't know why everything had to be so messed up all of a sudden.

Martina was sitting on a chair opposite to mine. She seemed to be texting someone. James and Oliver were sitting on either of my sides and Tyler had gone out to bring something.

So here we were. A bunch of teenagers in a hospital because of me and my problems.

Great.

I was sure that they all had the right to stop being my friends whenever they wanted. I was a totally weird person. I blacked out 24/7, I had to run after my mom to a hospital often, and I had a murderer after me.

Which, by the way, I haven't told anyone about, yet.

I was planning to tell Oliver. He was the first person I trusted after my mom, considering he was my only friend since god knows when. I always did all the plotting with him.

A few hours later, Alex was already here. Since I called and told him about the situation, he came as fast as he could. He had asked everyone else to go home. Oliver was the one who didn't comply. The doctor had come out of the emergency room. His coat was stained in red and he had a few beads of sweat on his forehead.

"Who is the oldest family member?" He questioned.

Alex stood up. "Me, sir," He replied. I could tell my brother was nervous. His voice was strained and he ran his hand through his blonde hair several times.

Alex went into the office with the doctor to discuss god knows what. I couldn't help but feel nervous. I wanted to go inside, but th docotor only wanted the oldest family member.

I stared at the wall for what felt like hours. Too many thoughts were going throug my head, though I couldn't catch up with any. My head felt like it was spinning. I snapped back into reality when I felt Oliver's hand on my shoulder.

I looked up at him. "Don't worry, Sam. Your mom is a doctor. Doctors are fine," He said. I smiled at him weakly.

Apparently, we shared the same logic. Since I was a kid, I was always used to doctors being the ones to heal sick people. Never in my life have I ever seen it the other way around.

Until this year.

It's so creepy that everything had just turned upside down. I never saw this coming one year ago. I never saw myself where I am now. All I had to worry about was school and my friends.

Funny how everything changes.

I felt myself yawn as some tears came into my eyes. I wiped them away and closed my eyes then opened them again in an attempt to send the sleepiness away.

"I can take you home, it's past midnight already." Oliver said. I snapped at this state.

"W-What?" I asked in surprise, my eyes were opened widely, now. Wow, time really did pass fast when your mind was occupied.

"I can take you home if you wanted," He said again after he let out a chuckle.

"But, Alex..." I trailed off.

"I can go tell him," He suggested.

I was about to reply but I closed my mouth when Alex appeared from the end of the hallway. When he was finally there, I looked at him. There was something in his eyes. I could tell my brother felt broken right then. There was definitely something wrong.