Ch. 17- Never Been Enemies

Chapter 17, and I have another one coming! (Originally, this chapter and the next were combined into one big chapter, but I decided I should probably split them up. Haha.) Enjoy! Don't forget to leave me your thoughts. ;)

Ch. 17

Never Been Enemies

The next few days passed by in a blur. Allie, Jasmine, Meaghan, Kristen, Chaz, Ryan, and Justin (and occasionally Jason, Matt, and Sean) found a variety of interesting ways to have the best time possible; whether it was checking out the sights at the nearby town, swimming and boating in the bright blue waters of the ocean, sipping tropical drinks by the pool, or hanging out in the rooms, the group of teenagers was never bored.

It was around one in the afternoon on New Year’s Eve. Jasmine and Kristen had gone into town to go shopping for the third time that trip, and Meaghan was off somewhere with Chaz. Ryan and Justin had decided to go jet-skiing, and Jason, Matt, and Sean had challenged each other to an all-day Call of Duty marathon, and thus were off isolating themselves from society in Sean’s hotel room. 

Thus, Allie was left by herself with the adults back at the hotel. Allie, who enjoyed the company of both Mrs. Villegas and Mrs. O’Leary (they were like her second and third moms), had agreed to go tanning with them down by the pool. And so she was to be found laying out on a white chaise in a bright pink bikini top and jean short shorts. Mrs. Villegas and Mrs. O’Leary were immersed in a heated conversation about Brangelina, and so Allie, who didn’t really have an opinion on the subject, had decided to close her eyes and take a nap.

She had barely closed her eyes and settled down into the chaise comfortably, however, when she was interrupted by a voice.

“Oh, hello Allie.”

Allie opened her eyes and glanced up. Pattie was standing there in a blue bikini, holding a magazine. Catching the attention of Mrs. Villegas and Mrs. O’Leary, Pattie waved, beaming. 

“Hi Mrs. Mallette.” Allie replied sweetly, smiling. She didn’t really know Pattie all that well, considering she hadn’t actually talked to her much.

“Oh, please, call me Pattie.” Pattie said warmly. “Mind if I join you?”

Allie shook her head. “No, of course not.”

Pattie smiled at her, and pulled a chaise up. She took a seat on it. “How’s everything going?”

“Pretty good, how about for you?” Allie asked.

Pattie shrugged. “Well, I’m in the Bahamas in the middle of December. Can’t get much better than that.” 

Allie laughed. “That’s definitely true.”

Pattie surveyed her for a moment. “You know, you seem like a very sweet girl. No wonder my son is crazy for you.”

Allie felt herself blush. She raised her eyebrows. “Crazy for me?” She asked in surprise. “I don’t think I’d say Justin’s crazy for me.”