Mistletoe (Stony)

Requested by: @BooksAreMyReality18 

Sorry that it is so late.

I decided to post this now as I am already in a Christmassy mood - have been for 2 months already.

A/N: there is some implied Hawksilver and Nat and Clint are best friends in this one.

Older Avengers: Bruce, Thor, Natasha, Clint, Steve and Tony.

Younger Avengers (new additions): Pietro, Wanda, Vision, Sam.

------------

It was Christmas and all the Avengers had decided to go ice skating. By all the Avengers I mean Natasha, Steve, Clint, Bruce, Thor and Tony. This was an 'old-peoples' outing as Pietro liked to put it. He said he didn't want to be associated with the older Avengers, but Wanda knew the real reason. Pietro avoided Clint whenever he could. He just couldn't think straight. Obviously Tony had been offended by Pietro's statement saying, 'I'm not old. Capsicle's older - he's almost 100.'

So it was that the Avengers - the 'older' ones - went to the ice rink on Times Square.

They had lots of fun - Natasha and Clint raced each other round the edge of the rink, occasionally one would fall over while the other burst out laughing. Bruce joined Tony and Steve, the latter clinging on to the side for dear life, the former attempting, but failing miserably, to slowly coax Steve into the middle of the rink. Eventually, Bruce felt like he was being a third-wheel (as Steve and Tony were flirting like crazy) and went to help Thor move from the spot he had been glued to for the past 20 minutes, unable to escape the swarming girls wanting to touch his muscles or asking too many questions. Thor quickly thanked Bruce once they escaped the crowd of young teenage girls.

Anyway, back to Steve and Tony.

On the other side of the ice rink, were Tony and Steve (or more affectionately known, to Natasha and Clint, 'Stony'). They had just been chatting for the past few minutes while leaning against the side watching people skate by, as the sky began to dim. Tony let go of the side, calling back to Steve 'watch this'. Basically, Tony attempted to skate backwards in a zig-zag pattern. It didn't work. There was a crash as Tony fell to the ground and hit his bottom. Immediately, (forgetting he was on ice) Steve skated over to Tony. Upon seeing this, Tony felt his face go beet red, and tried hiding it by looking down.

"Are you alright?" Steve had reached Tony and was standing over him. He put his hand out. "Need a hand?" Tony accepted, but as soon as he had stood, he fell he into Steve's arms causing both of them to fall backwards, hitting the edge. Tony pushed himself off of Steve and stood next to him. He was blushing heavily as Steve asked again, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. I have to go." Tony swiftly skated off to the exit. He stumbled off the rink and went into the cloakroom.

Natasha skated over to Steve, Clint following close behind. "You have to ask him out."

Steve looked over to her. "But what if he says no. I don't want to ruin our friendship. It's better to have that than nothing."

"Yeah, true, but don't you want to know if you have more. Surely, THAT, is better than a friendship." Clint chipped in.

And....if we have something more, what happens when we have an argument or when he wants to end things with me? What happens then ? - we don't talk to each other, and we constantly avoid each other."

"You're just thinking the worst. I've seen the way he looks at you. It's obvious he likes you. And I know you. I know you like him as well. Just try."

"No."

Nat and Clint sighed. "OK, then. If that's what you want. Your loss."

Steve left them alone. He skated off.

*time skip - back at the tower*

ALL the Avengers - this time including all the younger, more recent additions - sat in the living room. Pietro sat with Wanda (who was sitting on Vision's lap), eyeing Clint, who (totally unaware of the younger man's eye) was giggling and chatting away with Nat, Thor and Bruce. Steve, who sat with Tony and Sam at the bar, was sure they were hatching some evil plot against the three sitting at the bar.

"I'm going to the toilet." Tony stated. If you listened closely, you would have heard Sam mutter under his breath 'we don't need to know'. Steve saw Clint tap Nat on the knee. Nat's eyes lit up at once.

"Hey, Steve, can you fetch me a glass of water from the kitchen? Please."

"Sure, Nat." Steve - ever the gentleman - jumped up and followed Tony out of the room. Both men reached the doorway at the same time, when Bruce called out.

"Guys, I think you're forgetting something. You can't break tradition." They both looked back at Bruce, who's eye was directed at the space above their heads. Sam giggled, Pietro smirked, while Nat looked triumphant. Steve and Tony looked up finding the source of everyone's entertainment. Mistletoe.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss." Everyone chanted in time, while some clapped and banged on the tables.

Steve looked down at Tony. "You don't have to if you don't want to." He whispered.

"No, it's alright. We have to anyway, it's tradition."

Steve leaned down slightly. Tony stood up on his tip toes. They both closed their eyes at the same time. Their lips met halfway.

Steve felt warm lips against his. They were wet and juicy. His hands were by his side, but they found their way to Tony's waist, pulling him closer.

Tony felt the intensity and strength of Steve's lips. His hands crawled up Steve's chest, making their way to the short blonde locks that belonged to THE Captain America. He couldn't believe what was happening. He thought he was dreaming. He was kissing America's Golden Boy. On the lips.

When they separated it felt like only a few seconds had passed, but really it was minutes. Everyone had left the room, either out of respect for the both of them, or boredom because of the kiss itself taking too long. They looked deeply into each other's eyes.

"Well that just happened." Tony said, breathlessly.

Steve brought a hand up to cup Tony's cheek. "Yeah, it did." There was a silence as they just held each other, under the mistletoe. "Tony, do you want to go on a date?"

Tony looked up at Steve. "Is that even a question?" Steve looked confused. "Of course you dumb ass." Tony pulled Steve down and kissed him again.

Please send requests to my inbox

#YOU ARE WORTH IT

Remember:

I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

YOU ARE WORTH IT

YOU ARE UNIQUE

FIND GOOD IN EVERYTHING

HAVE FUN

LOVE PEOPLE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

BE THANKFUL

and most importantly

BE YOURSELF