Where Did You Go? (Stucky)

Pre-Serum! Steve (basically skinny! Steve)

Post-Winter Soldier! Bucky

Not during the war. Avengers do not exist. Nothing will be based on the MCU apart from the characters themselves. Bucky was born without his left arm.

#establishedrelationship #boyfriends

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve's POV

I woke up to a cold bed. I turned over, but the bed was empty. I got up to look for Bucky. When I couldn't find him in our small apartment I decided to make a coffee and sit on the couch and wait for him to come home. I flicked the TV on and settled down on the small couch. I glanced at the clock as I put my mug down on the coffee table on front of me. I realised it had been a good few hours since I had woken up and realised Bucky wasn't at home. I began to worry, and as I was cold I went to our bedroom and slipped on one of Bucky's hoodies. It completely swamped me, but I didn't care, as it smelt like him and it was always warm.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, as the next thing I remember was hearing a key turn in the lock of the front door. I sat up quickly and stared anxiously at the door as the handle turned. When the door fully opened I ran as fast as my legs could carry me the short distance to the person who stood there. I almost jumped into his strong arms as I put my hands on his arms and kissed him. When I pulled away Bucky was holding my waist close pulling me close to him, and his blue eyes were searching my face.

"What's wrong, Stevie?" He brought one hand up to stroke my cheek. I leaned into his touch. "Huh? Why you crying?" I didn't even realise I had been crying until he wiped the tears that fell from my eyes.

"I didn't know where you were. I was scared. I thought, well, maybe you had left." I looked down at Bucky's chest, where both my hands now rested.

"Hey, Stevie, look at me," he lifted my chin and made me look into his eyes. "I would never leave you. Why would I want to go anywhere else when I have all that I want here, in this crappy apartment with you. I just went out for a run and then I ended up sitting on a bench in the park. I left a note for you on the table next to the bed." I kissed my forehead and pulled me into his chest. We stayed there for a while before he pulled back and spoke again. "Stevie?" I looked up.

"Yeah?"

"Do'ya wanna dance?"

I hit his arm playfully. "Bucky, we can't do that."

"Why not?"

"We don't have any music. You know that."

"Well, who needs music when they have the one they love." I blushed at the cringey comment but nodded and wrapped my arms around his neck. I felt his arms tighten around my waist. We looked into each others eyes, before Bucky untangled himself from me and reached into the drawer of the table by the front door and pulled something out.

"Stevie. I bought this for you a while ago, but never had the courage to give it to you. I will understand if you don't want to do this now, and if you want to wait, but, personally, I can't wait any longer. What I want to say, is that, I love you so much, and I can't imagine a world were I have to live without you." Bucky kneeled down on the floor in front of me. "Stevie," I gasped and brought my hands up to my face, tears - happy ones - coming to my eyes, "will do my the greatest honour, making me the happiest man on this earth, and become my husband?" By this time there were tears streaming down my face and I slowly started nodding.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes. Oh my god. Yesyesyesyesyesyes." My voice started so quiet I could barely hear myself, until I was practically screaming. "Oh my god. Yes, Bucky. Yes. Of course I will marry you." I clung onto Bucky like a koala bear after that. My arms were wrapped around his neck, my legs were wrapped around his waist and my head was buried in the crook in his neck.

"I love you, Stevie." Bucky whispered into my hair.

Please send requests to my inbox

#YOU ARE WORTH IT

Remember:

I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

YOU ARE WORTH IT

YOU ARE UNIQUE

FIND GOOD IN EVERYTHING

HAVE FUN

LOVE PEOPLE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

BE THANKFUL

and most importantly

BE YOURSELF