Chapter 17: An Escape

"Alex, you have to believe me that I was young and dumb. I would never cheat on you." Jonathan pleaded.

"Just leave me alone, Jonathan." I asked quietly looking down at my feet.

"Alex, please. I'm begging you. You haven't talked to me since Sunday." He begged.

It was true. I didn't talk to him since then. After I learned what he did with Rowan, I completely shut him out for a couple days. I just tried to focus on my Chemistry project with Micah until then. I didn't know what to say to him at this point in time. I just don't want to get my heart broken again.

"I will talk to you later, but for right now I have to go to chemistry." I grab my books from my locker.

"So you're going to believe Micah over me?" He asked annoyed.

I look at him in disbelief, I saw the purple bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep he got. "I have to go, Jonathan." I sigh and walked to chemistry alone as always.

I got to class on time and sat in my seat quietly in the back. I was a mess. Jonathan didn't cheat on me but why do I feel a ping of worry?

"Hey partner." Micah chirped as he sat next to me.

After that night he came over drunk, he has been over my house ever since to work on the Chemistry project and to check in. He brought his little brother too so Celeste can have a little play date.

"Hey, Micah." I crack a smile through my sad façade.

Class started and Micah helped me get my mind off Jonathan for a while by cracking some of his cringe dad jokes.

"Micah, your jokes are terrible." I laugh as I look up to see Raven scolding us and I can't help but laugh more.

"Their obviously not that terrible if you're laughing at them." He smirks.

"Yeah beca-" I was interrupted by my phone vibrating on the table. I picked my phone up to see a string of text spamming my phone at once.

Jonathan: (5)

Please give me a chance. I won't hurt you. I promise.

Harlow: (1)

How are you holding up?

Jackson: (1)

Why is my brother so mad? What happened between you two?

I turn my phone completely off. I just want to disconnect for a while.

"Is it Jonathan?" Micah whispers in my ear as I put my head down on the table.

I nod as I try to repress the memory of Jonathan getting defensive about Rowan.

"Please, don't tell me you're getting back together with him?" Micah asked in disbelief. I stayed quiet, trying to find a right way to go about this. "Alex, you deserve so much better than him. I-"

"That's the thing, Micah. You don't get to pick and decide who I get to be with." I snap as I look at him annoyed.

"Alex. That's not what I meant. I-" The bell cut him off. I grab my stuff and ran to my car quickly. I need to disconnect from everything and everyone.

I open my car and sat in the front seat. I squeezed my eyes shut of anger and let out a light sob. "I want to go back home."

"Let's go then." Harlow said from the back seat.

I jumped at the sound of her voice and grabbed my pink pepper spray and aimed it at her. "Harlow what the hell?!? How did you break into my car?" What in the world was she thinking?

"Because I knew you were in trouble. You always answer my text." Harlow lowers the pepper spray I was aiming at her down and hugs me. "Let's just go somewhere."

I tear up. "I don't want to drive."

"Then let me drive. You go sit in the passenger seat." Harlow explains.

"I don't usually trust people with my car but I don't care anymore." Harlow and I switch spots and started to drive to Chipotle.

"Harlow, how did you break into my car?" I asked with curiosity.

Harlow starts to laugh. "A magician never reveals their secrets."

I couldn't help but laugh at her craziness. This is what I needed to get away. On our way to chipotle, Harlow blasts the car with her playlist and start to dance in the driver's seat.

"Hey Harlow?" I call out as we got out of the car.

"yeah, what's up?"

"Thank you for this." I mumble.

"Anything for you."

I hug her side as we walk into Chipotle together.

Don't forget to vote and comment!