Chapter 30: I Deserve Her

Micah's POV
"He used to verbally and physically abuse me."

"Jonathan and Rowan were making out when I walked in."

Her words kept running through my mind as I drove to school. She didn't deserve any of this. She deserves someone who cares for her and make her feel like she's the only woman in the world that matters. She deserves so much more than someone tearing her down everyday, or cheating on her with someone they swore they wouldn't. She shouldn't have been with a little boy who can't treat a woman right.

Then who does she deserve her, Micah?

I ask myself as I park in the first row of parking spots. I wouldn't treat her like that. I wouldn't make her feel unworthy of love. I wouldn't cheat on her with someone who is incomparable to her. I think every girl is beautiful but Alex.......is a whole different type of gorgeous. Whenever she had her natural curls out, it always made me swoon at how attractive she was.  I start to smile to myself as I thought about Alex.

"What are you smiling at, babe?" Raven joins me as I walk into school.

I roll my eyes. "None of your business, Raven." I don't understand why she doesn't understand that we weren't going to happen.

"Babe, why are you being so grumpy today?" She pouted out her plump lips.

I look at her with disgust. "We are not dating, so stop calling babe." We used to be friends but ever since we dated, I despised her.

She stopped following me as I walked to class. All I could think about was Alex. She is so independent and strong. She hated me when we first met. I'll admit, I didn't like her at first either. But after she saw me at my low, she showed me a caring, loving side, I started to fall for her. The side that I knew was really her. I loved all her sides, and I'm still talking about her personality too.

I sound so whipped.

I'm just a sucker for Alexandria Promise.

**
It was finally lunch time. My stomach started to roar as I headed to the cafeteria. I walk into the crowded place and greeted my friends. My friend Ezra was talking about his weekend, but I was staring passed him at Alex. She had her curls out and her breathtaking smile. I admired her from a far for a couple seconds until I hear the cafeteria doors open.  Alex looked upset at who walked in.

I turn my head to see Jonathan staring Alex down. I started to get enraged with anger as he walked. Before he could walk past me, I grab his arm to stop him. "What are you even doing here, bro?"

He had purple bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep he got. His eyes were red also. "Just let me talk to Alex." He looked at me for sympathy but all I could feel was anger.

It took everything in me not to sucker punch him in his jaw. I calmed my temper down and spoke. "That's not a good choice." I looked at him with a stern look.

He scoffed. "I'm not asking permission, rich boy." He tried walking forward but I yanked him hard backwards.

"You're not asking for permission but I know Alex doesn't want to talk to you." I raised my voice for him to get the message. People started to look our way but I didn't pay any mind. My temper got the best of me.

"You don't know Alex or what she wants." He said as he stepped closer to me. "You're just desperate for her attention." He sneered. "She will never see you more than the annoying boy from Chemistry class."

"I know Alex doesn't like being cheated on. Of course, you cheat on her with Rowan. That's all you do, when things get hard you run to her every. Single. Time." My blood started to boil. He doesn't know what Alex thinks of me.

Before I know it, he hits me square in the face with his fist. I step back at the blow but I came back through punches. The more I thought about him cheating on Alex, the more harder my punches began. A crowd started to form around us as we fought. I could feel Alex trying to pull me off of Jonathan but it didn't work.

"You-HIT-didn't-HIT-deserve-HIT-her." I muttered in between punches.

The security guards came and pulled us away. I saw Jonathan communicate to Alex that he was sorry. I tried to leap forward to give him one last punch but the security guard had me on a tight hold. The principal told us to go to her office immediately.

I walked with the security guards between Jonathan and I to the front office. I walked into the office and sat down in the chairs.

I don't know why I had to stop him from talking to Alex. Whenever I see Alex vulnerable, I go into protective mode. I don't know why I do the things I do. She drives me to do crazy things.

But I do know one thing:

I'm still a sucker for Alexandria Promise.

Don't forget to vote and comment!