Chapter 33: Forever Moment

Since Micah and I were suspended, we made a routine for everyday this week.

First, we go kickboxing for two hours or more, depending on our mood. We've moved away from the bag and now we're sparring each other. I don't know why but when we had our sessions together, I felt a rush go through me every time.

Then we go to his house to finish up our second part of the Chemistry project. The more we went over there, the more I got to know Cecilia. She had no kids, which made sense because she treats Hayden and Micah as her own. She's super quiet but always knew the right words to keep the boys in check.

We've watched series of movies each day of the week. Surprisingly, I didn't get bored of our little routine. He always kept me on my toes.

It's Friday and we just got done with working out. I told Micah we could cut the session short since it's Friday, but he said we needed to stick to the routine. We arrive to his house to see his driveway isn't empty as always.

"Crap." He muttered under his breath.

There was a white polished Tesla waiting in front of the garage.

"What?" I asked as I examine the car more. The windows were tinted so no one could see who was inside.

"It's my mother." He groaned as he unbuckled his seatbelt. He turned off the car and got out. "You can go inside and find Cecilia." He looks at the parked car in front of us. "I have to go talk to my mother."

I nod in agreement and get out of the car to walk to find Cecilia. I look over to Micah to make sure he was okay. He had a stern face as he walked over to the car. I could see he was tense.

"Hey, Mrs.Cecilia." I greet her as I sit down at the table.

She takes out her earbuds to hear me better. "Hey, sweetheart." She finishes cooking and brings me a plate of pasta.

"This looks really good." I look at the plate in admiration. It was Mac and Cheese but more elegant than the Kraft Mac n Cheese I used to make. I take my fork and dug in. "This is my favorite food."

She smiles as she wipes the counters down. "I know, that's why I made it. Micah talks about you all the time." I start to blush as she continues. "You know you have that boy wrapped around your finger, right?"

I was scoffing down the plate so fast I forgot to reply. She's an amazing cook. "Huh?"

She laughed softly and sat next to me. "Whenever he speaks about you, he always has this spark in his eyes. A spark I've never seen before."

Before I could respond, the front door swings open. Micah's tall figure stands in front of the doorway. I couldn't read his facial expression as he stalks towards me. "Let's go."

"We just got here." I protest as I put my fork down.

He left the kitchen without a word. The next thing I hear was the front door slam behind him.

I turn to see if Cecilia could read what was going on but I was met with a small smile. "Go talk to him."

I slowly nod and wave goodbye as I made my way to the car. I can read some of his expressions, but I couldn't today. I could see he was hurt and angry at the same time. A feeling that I've came too familiar with.

As I open the front door, a woman stands in the door frame. "You must be Alexandria." Her light blonde hair that was cut in a blunt bob complimented her porcelain skin. Her dark green eyes sparkled but we're mostly dull.

"And you must be Mrs. Skye." I say with a smile. I'm not sure if I'm scared or intimidated. Maybe a little of both. "Nice to meet you."

She slides past me and assess me with her eyes. "I can't believe it." She lets out a soft laughter.