Chapter 32: Kickboxing

The girls and I hung out until 3 in the morning last night. I woke up still laughing at how ridiculous they were being. I pick up my phone to check the time.

12:34 pm

I was really knocked out to sleep 9 hours straight. I check my text with Micah to get the address of where we were supposed to meet.

Micah
I'm coming to pick you up instead of you driving there. It'll ruin the surprise.

I replied back:

What do I wear?

Micah
Anything athletic or whatever your heart desires, Clumsy Girl.

I grab a pair of Nike leggings from my dresser and a matching bra to go with. I went to the bathroom and threw my hair in a high ponytail.

I hear a knock on the door and quickly grabbed my stuff together to go. I shoved my feet into my New Balance shoes and staggered to the door.

Micah stood there with an umbrella to protect me from the harsh rain that was coming down. He smiled small as he offered me the umbrella.

I grabbed it and followed him to his car. I noticed that he didn't stand under the umbrella with me. "You're going to get sick if you walk in the rain. C'mon under the umbrella." I spoke out.

He stuffed his hands inside his pockets. "Don't worry. Keep the umbrella."

I roll my eyes at his stubbornness. We got in the car and started to drive to our mystery location.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I tighten my ponytail.

"It's a surprise, Clumsy Girl." He kept driving with ease.

I crossed my arms. "I don't really like surprises."

"How do you celebrate your surprise birthday parties then?" He put on his right turn signal.

I shrugged back into my seat. "Eh. I don't really do parties on my birthday. It's so unnecessary."

Micah gaped at my comments. "When's your birthday?"

"December 10."

He nodded his head as he turned into a parking lot. The rain started to stop coming down as hard and left the sky with grey clouds. I look up from the seat to see the sign Blood Hot Gym.

"If I am getting fat, you could've just told me instead of bringing me to a gym, Golden Boy." I complained and unbuckled my seat belt.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Your body is just fine the way it is," I started to blush. "I just want to show you something, is that okay with you?" He looked at me for confirmation.

"Fine," I got out the car and walked beside him to the entrance. "But I refuse to run. I hate cardio."

We walked in and was instantly hit with the smell of sweat and testosterone. I look up at Micah's face if he smelled it too, but he was relaxed and seemed even happier than before.

He fist-bumped most of the trainers as we made our way through the gym. It seemed common that he was here most days.

We finally got to the back, it had punching bags in every corner. Mirrors covered the walls of the room. Micah turned to see me confused. "I know you've gone through A LOT these past few days so......" He grabbed a pair of black and white boxing gloves and handed them to me. "..I thought this would help you get some anger out." I look down at the gloves. He put his hands on top of the gloves. "The moment you don't want to do this, we can go home and watch some movies."