Chapter 17, Kate

So apparently Izzie's definition of Ian being 'hurt' was being perfectly fine after taking a dose of MC-57. He wouldn't even have a scar.

Meanwhile, everyone was acting like he'd had his face torn to shreds by piranhas. I almost laughed as Izzie asked for the fifth time how he was feeling.

"Are you sure it doesn't still hurt?" she asked.

"Only a little but I'll be fine," he responded, in the way a god would complain to a mortal about the troubles of immortality.

I couldn't help it. I laughed. "Are you kidding me? He got shot once, had adrenaline going the whole time, and was only in pain for two minutes before hero boy here got MC-57. And you're all acting like he single-handedly fought off an entire army with a beer bottle after losing a leg!"

I got glares from everyone but I swear I saw Xander chuckle before forcing a look of annoyance onto his face. Xander. The boy I'd kissed.

I'd made a mistake and it wouldn't happen again. He meant nothing to me. I'd have to kill him at some point.

I rolled my eyes as they continued glaring at me. Leo grabbed my arm particularly hard and led me down to the basement.

He chained me to the wall tighter than Xander had earlier before wordlessly leaving. Prison sweet prison.

I pulled out my improvised lock pick and loosened the chains by a few links. It looked almost identical to how it had but if I slipped my shoes off I could escape.

I'd put off escape until tomorrow. I needed sleep, and time to think. I'd actually kissed him.

I found myself drifting off on my cot. It had been a long day.

I opened my eyes to find myself sitting on a picnic blanket. It was tacky with a red and white checkered pattern. There was a wooden picnic basket on the blanket and I heard a champagne cork pop behind me.

I turned and found Xander grinning at me. He was looking at me like I was the only girl in the world. We were in a meadow and surrounded by flowers, birds were chirping like something out of a cheesy romance movie.

I reached out to him and grabbed his hand. He leaned in and kissed me. First on my cheek, then my forehead, then he finally kissed me on my lips.

I closed my eyes and thought this must be heaven.

Then I opened my eyes to find myself standing in an interrogation room in the Legion's New York base. I looked down and saw Xander handcuffed to a chair.

He was covered in cuts and bruises. I noticed he was missing three of his fingers. One of his eyes had a piece of cloth tied over it and I could only imagine what I'd done to him.

My hands were covered in blood, his blood. I felt a smile creep across my face as I raised the gun I hadn't noticed I'd been holding.

"Any last words Silver?" I asked as I'd done countless times before.

"Please don't do this." He begged.

I just laughed and pulled the trigger.

I woke up with a sharp breath. It had been a dream. The last torture didn't worry me but the kiss was terrifying. I couldn't have feelings for this guy.

Suddenly my heartbeat sped up and my instincts started screaming at me to run. I slowly rolled over keeping my eyes just barely open.

A huge figure was looming over me. I could only make out a rough outline in the dark. But I knew who it was, only one person in the house was this size. Bigfoot.

As my eyes adjusted more I could make out a twisted smile on his face. I felt a little sick just looking at him. I had to make my move. I found it hard to believe he would just stand there all night.

In one fluid motion, I swept my blanket off and rose to my feet kneeing him in the crotch. Caught off guard he doubled over in pain.

"You little bitch," he growled.

I didn't speak I just lunged for his throat. He grabbed my arms mid-air and threw me against the wall. I regained my breath and landed a knee in his gut.

He rose and went for my throat pinning me against the wall. I couldn't breathe and my legs were dangling above the ground.

A strangled gurgling noise escaped my throat as I instinctively tried to cry out. My legs flailed desperately and it was getting harder and harder to breathe.

My mother's voice ran through my head. We'd gone through this one before she died. I'd never done this on someone his size before.

Simultaneously I kicked my feet into his gut and brought my fist down on his inner elbow at full force. His arm buckled and I dropped gasping for breath.

Ian retreated to the end of where my chains would reach. He smirked.

"Can't reach me know can you Devil?" he taunted, "now when we try this again your going to hold still. Maybe I'll even let you live till Wednesday."

"Wednesday?" What was Wednesday?

"Well, we told your daddy five days to pay for you. And if he doesn't pay we have no use for you anymore." He laughed. "Everybody agreed it was the smart thing to do."

Everybody. Xander had agreed to kill me. He'd just been leading me on. I'd kill him.

"And what do you want Bigfoot?" I asked.

"I just want to break a few things, ya know teach you your place."

I understood perfectly. I always loved when guys tried to 'teach me my place' it made it so fun teaching them theirs. Usually, their place was six feet under in a cheap wooden box.

I carefully slipped my feet out of my boots one at a time. Ian was still looking at me like a hungry dog looking at a bone. I smiled and he looked uneasy before grinning again.

"Are you smiling you crazy bitch?" He snapped.

I didn't even respond. I brought him down with a sharp kick to the ankle and before he could react I was on him punching him in the jaw.

I brought my hand up, twisted two fingers together, and jabbed him in the throat as hard as I could. I hit my favorite pressure point, the hichu, and felt his trachea collapse under my fingers.

I climbed off of him. Ian started desperately clawing at his throat and gasping for breath. His face turned a sickly almost blue color and with a final gasp, he lay still. Dead.

I regretted nothing. It had to be done; I wasn't going to let him near me after what he'd said. I pulled my boots out of the chains and on to my feet. I couldn't stay any longer. Then I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

Leo burst through the doors gun in hand and flipped on the lights. I saw some of the color drain out of his face and he glared up at me. He cocked the weapon and I knew I wasn't going to survive this.

He was too far to reach from where I was standing without him shooting first. I looked my soon to be killer in the eye.

"Do it."

***

Hey guys! What do you think of Ian's death? How will the rest of the rebels react? Will Kate survive? Please vote and comment I want to know what you think!

-Jade

Ps. Don't think I can't kill off Kate because she's a main character, I could always write from another perspective *laughs evilly*