Chapter 27, Izzie

"I-I ummmmm," I stuttered, absolutely speechless.

Lia smiled, why couldn't I have been paired with someone less attractive. Wasn't I supposed to like guys?

"Huh," Lia mused, "normally only boys react that way when they meet me."

Can I crawl under a rock and die now?

"Alright ladies you'll have more time to gawk at the new girl later, time to get back to work," Dawn called, saving my ass.

The group of women dispersed as everyone moved on to various training areas. Lia started walking and motioned for me to follow, without a second thought I did.

"I-I'm Izzie," I introduced myself.

I didn't stutter. What was wrong with me?

"I know," she chirped, "I read your file when they assigned me to show you around."

"My file?" suddenly I was annoyed and proud at the same time, the Legion had a file on me?

"We have files on everyone in The Silver Order," she replied.

"Oh, well what does mine say," I was slightly disappointed at that. What was wrong with me?

"Just the usual,

Isobel Marie Green.

Adopted Daughter of Lucy and Stuart Green.

Girlfriend of Alexander John Silver.

Member of Silver Order. Known for hacking skills. Believed to be responsible for data theft incidents in 2118 and 2119. Capable fighter, engage with caution."

She rattled off a list of facts about where I'd gone to school and how I'd moved around a bit as a kid. I just couldn't believe they had my whole life story on file. And that Lia had apparently memorized the whole thing.

"You memorized my whole file?" I asked.

"Smart contact lenses," she declared, "they display any file I want and it seems like I memorized it. So is it all correct or did we get something wrong?"

"Well I was responsible for the data leak in 2117 as well and Xander is my ex-boyfriend," I said.

"Nice job on the data leak, Kate was freaking out when that happened," Lia replied, completely ignoring Xander's existence.

"Kate?"

"You know her as The Devil but we get to call her by her real name."

"And she's just, fine with that?"

"She's actually not to bad when you get over the whole overconfident thing."

"Seriously?"

"Oh, we're here."

Lia led me into a small room full of shelves. They were all full of black legion uniforms like Lia was wearing. Lia grabbed one off a shelf and handed it to me.

"There's no way I'm wearing that thing."

"You can't stay in those grey prison clothes forever, and if you're going to try to escape this will help. The guards don't really remember our faces but they know the Ghost uniform.

"So you're condoning my escape?"

"No, I'm just trying to get you to change.

Lia left the room and closed the door behind her. She was right; I'd have a better chance of escape with the outfit. I put it on and looked in the mirror attached to the door.