iv. the newborn army

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃

❀ 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘸𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘺

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

𝐤𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

     THE DAYS AND NIGHTS blur together, the inability to sleep — and not requiring sleep — has made Kaya more than slightly edgy. A burning desire to feed has grown in her throat — and she's not sure how much longer she can pretend that everything is alright. Maria and Jasper occasionally come back smelling of something delicious, and a few of the other vampires in this coven gain the same tantalising scent, but not many.

     Clenching my teeth, Kaya all but staggers out of the stable, feeling the setting sun burn on her cool skin. Looking down at her skin, she's still in awe at how it appears as though there are jewels implanted into it — one of the many signs that she is no longer a human. Another is her eyes, either coal black and full of pain and desire, or a vibrant, unnerving ruby red. The last being her body itself, no imperfections that once graced her face and made her unsymmetrical. However, the pre-existing scars on her legs still remain for some unknown reason, and the scars that she has gained from the training over the past few days.

     Her speed, hearing, strength, and healing have increased beyond human comprehension, and there is an insane thirst inside her body. Jasper has the ability to manipulate emotions, and one or two of the other newborns have abilities of their own, but nothing as magnificent as the honey blond's. One can manipulate the mind of another, and the other is faster and stronger than the others — Jasper included.

     Speaking of the devil, Jasper himself walks out of the stable and stands beside her. "Good evening, Miss Salvatore."

     Kaya nods in acknowledgement, looking into his ruby red eyes. "Hello, Jasper. How are you doing today?"

     "I am doing well. What about yourself?"

     "I suppose I am still getting used to not being human any longer, but, other than that, I am quite well."

     He tilts his head to the side, assessing her. "You haven't fed since you were turned, have you?"

     She keeps her gaze off him, staring out into the distance. "Not that I am aware of, no."